How Long Do You Have to Pay Car Insurance?

magictao1986

my term is 6 months long. after the 6 months is over do i have to keep paying or am i done paying for good? i have state farm by the way

Most likely you are either paying semi annually or you have a 6 month rate guaranty.
I don't know of any car insurance that is ever a paid up policy. It's pay as you go.
Lifetime payments! Damm and Dave Ramsey said we would all be debt- free!

After 6 months you're done for good. A federal law on the books since 2004 makes it illegal for any state to require car insurance after you've paid for six months.

Drop it. But also print out this post and be sure to hand it to a police officer so you won't get arrested.

After six months only pay for it if you want to keep the coverage....You could do like many other people out there and drive without coverage....just print out the earlier post from Rick....Also please post back here after you get puller over without proof of insurance.....

Actually, to be safe he should print out this post and tape it to the back of his window. Then he won't get pulled over in the first place.

True then the cop will pull him over because his view is obstructed :laugh: on second thought maybe just paying the premium is easier and safer.

After six months only pay for it if you want to keep the coverage....You could do like many other people out there and drive without coverage....just print out the earlier post from Rick....Also please post back here after you get puller over without proof of insurance.....

I guess you hadn't had your morning coffee, Peter. That post is from John----not Rick. It is priceless. I hope the OP does take John's advice.

my term is 6 months long. after the 6 months is over do i have to keep paying or am i done paying for good? i have state farm by the way

Contact this congressman. He will know the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back