How Long Do You Wait BETWEEN Calls?

Just wondering how long you guys wait BETWEEN calls to prospects? Specifically regarding internet leads.

After you make that first contact/give a quote, how long THEN do you wait before doing a "follow up"? 48 hrs? One week? Does it vary depending on iLead vs. Non-iLead?

It's like its a double edged sword:

Too often = burnt out prospect (seeing your number brings an immediate trip to voicemail)

Too little = your competition beats you to the punch

What are YOUR thoughts?

We call multiple times in the course of the first few weeks. We call until we speak to them. Then give them a quote and ask them when we should follow up. Even if they do not give a follow up time we call in a few days. After a predetermined number of contacts they go into drip email. We find that over about 6 months from the time we get the lead we close about 7-8 percent. That may not impressive, but we are calling 95% aged Internet leads. We buy in quantity and get them for about 42 cents each. Great ROI. Follow ups are why we get the results we do.

If an agent is good at reading people over the phone then listening very carefully to what they say and how they say it will determine how often and how many times to call them back.

I don't think there is a set rule of thumb, at least not for me.

I agree totally with Frank on this one. Being in sales in the first place is knowing when No means NO, rather than maybe. As one of my trrainers said once when you were 4 years old and Mom or Dad said "No", you did'nt hold a grudge over that, you asked again, and again and.......

I agree totally with Frank on this one. Being in sales in the first place is knowing when No means NO, rather than maybe. As one of my trrainers said once when you were 4 years old and Mom or Dad said "No", you did'nt hold a grudge over that, you asked again, and again and.......

When the client says no we stop. We continue to call only when we get answering machines or when we get a not yet or maybe. If they say no we usually ask them if we can contact them in the future to check and see if something has changed. We are aggressive in our calling, but are not abusive.

When the client says no we stop. We continue to call only when we get answering machines or when we get a not yet or maybe. If they say no we usually ask them if we can contact them in the future to check and see if something has changed. We are aggressive in our calling, but are not abusive.

If I did'nt make myself clear, my apologies. Exactly right, Blue, a potential client is always my first line of supervision. When (s)he indicates we are done, it is over! Body language and voice inflection will tell me before (s)he verballizes.

If you don't or can't close the sale on the first call then I think it's in your best interest to have them commit to a date and time for you to call them back. Don't leave it up to chance and call randomly, that's like throwing a dart while you're blindfolded, hoping to hit the target.

By qualifying the appointment it will allow you to show that you respect their time and will also gauge if the client is truly interested. Now, this will only work if you already qualified the reason as to why you would let them get off the phone to begin with.

Also, they can get quotes anywhere, and maybe already have (Internet leads) so I would try to close the sale on your first call to them, while the buying desire is at its greatest point, where you developed trust and showed your expertise. This is especially important because statistically you will lose 80 to 100% of the clients you let think it over, talk to their spouse, etc and it's not because they're all not buying, it's because they're not buying from you.

Just wondering how long you guys wait BETWEEN calls to prospects? Specifically regarding internet leads.

After you make that first contact/give a quote, how long THEN do you wait before doing a "follow up"? 48 hrs? One week? Does it vary depending on iLead vs. Non-iLead?

It's like its a double edged sword:

Too often = burnt out prospect (seeing your number brings an immediate trip to voicemail)

Too little = your competition beats you to the punch

What are YOUR thoughts?

I wait a week and then make an appointment with them to come in....for the ones that I know are flakes (we all know who those people are) I call anyway you never know hehe

Back