How long does it take to get started??

Last question on your credit report what exactly are they checking. Is for vectors from another carrier, or if you missed a credit card payment.

Vectors will be a problem for almost every carrier. The ones I mentioned above are a little more concerned about personal credit but I think they're just looking for collections and bankruptcy.

Vectors will be a problem for almost every carrier. The ones I mentioned above are a little more concerned about personal credit but I think they're just looking for collections and bankruptcy.

I have never been vectored because I just getting started. Since this is anonymous I will come out with the truth. IF I have been brought to collects for credit cards and have chargeoff... a few years old. Should I even bother.

Sure you should 'bother'. Apply for what you want. You can even apply for appointment direct with many companies.

Some of the more 'stringent' carriers may not appoint you - at least not without an explanation. But others will appoint you and advance commissions.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

I have never been vectored because I just getting started. Since this is anonymous I will come out with the truth. IF I have been brought to collects for credit cards and have chargeoff... a few years old. Should I even bother.

I don't think you'll have a problem. I've seen people in your situation get contacted with everyone they applied with. It's possible some might want you to go as earned but even then it's only for a time till you prove you're not writing bad business.

Was curious how long it takes to start selling insurance. I am not talking about to the point you start getting cash flowing in your business, I know that can take time depending on your Lead Program.

I am talking about on the independent side, from you time you sign with an IMO- then how long does it take to get approved by carriers- and to the point you can finally buy your first batch of leads.

Say someone was looking to start after the holidays early January, to start at that point when would they have to sign with an IMO??

Thanks.

Get some product... simple life or cancer or accident... go knock some doors and get your feet wet... if you can't do that start following another agent... pay him (buy his coffee) if you have to...

DO SOMETHING FIRST... to see if you can make the cut... dipping your toe in this business to see how it all feels is a bad way to start IMHO.

Get some product... simple life or cancer or accident... go knock some doors and get your feet wet... if you can't do that start following another agent... pay him (buy his coffee) if you have to...

DO SOMETHING FIRST... to see if you can make the cut... dipping your toe in this business to see how it all feels is a bad way to start IMHO.

I like what your saying “invest in yourself”

Back