How Long Does Underwriting Typically Take?

Agent Friendly

I am new to med sups and the carriers that I am using (via a IMO of course) but I am having decent success starting out. I've written 14 apps in two and a half weeks but still no word on any commissions.

What is the typical turn around with companies such as United of Omaha, Gerber and Sentinel?

I am new to med sups and the carriers that I am using (via a IMO of course) but I am having decent success starting out. I've written 14 apps in two and a half weeks but still no word on any commissions.

What is the typical turn around with companies such as United of Omaha, Gerber and Sentinel?

I do not do MedSups. (only one on the board, I think) however, Your IMO should be able to let you know the ~average~ per company. Also if there is a problem with any.

I've heard that from other people too. For the time being I am going to stay away from these guys for that reason if possible.

I don't understand, why would you not write for them especially if it is the best investment for your prospect? That isn't logical to me.

Telling a prospect that their policy will be issued in say two weeks doesn't make it any easier to sell. I tell all of my new clients that under normal circumstances that it may take as long as four to six weeks before they receive their policy. None have ever had a problem with that.

When I write an app I never set the effective date sooner than about five weeks in advance of the application date. I tell them that I want them to have the policy "in hand" before they have to cancel the policy they currently have.

They all appreciate that suggestion plus it doesn't make me look like an "insurance agent" who is trying to rush them and only there to make a buck.

Back