Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 20+ Years

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
There is always debate as to how long agents last in the business so I thought it would be interesting to learn the average length of service of those on the forum.

Also might be interesting to learn who has the longest tenure.. Mine is 47 years.. I know there are a couple here that have been at it longer.

40 years for me. Originally, I mostly sold life. Med supps, employer group & U65 health were secondary. Sold my last life policy in 1993. Sold my last employer group in 2000. Got out of U65 health in 2014. My agency still sells all health products, I just do med supps now. My younger brother,who I work with, his wife is a State Farm agent.

Licensed 8/19/77 when I was 3 years old and 2 years before I graduated UCLA. So it's only been 41 years.

Started in P&C, ran a small agency for 8 years and moved to other jobs. Finally figured out that I didn't like working for anyone else in 1995 and have been on my own since then. When Obozo got elected I believe him when he promised to destroy the heath insurance industry and moved from IFP to Medicare. Been doing that almost exclusively for 10 years.

I love it when I see agents who constantly fail tell us how easy it is to sell insurance or especially when non-agents try to teach us insurance.

Rick

Originally licensed in 1984 writing payroll deducted life insurance. After 6 months, the broker I was under stopped using in house agents and hired an enrollment firm, so I lost that gig. I got back into it in 1990, so that's what I really consider my start in the business. I was independent for about 5-6 years in the '90's, then went back to captive for a while after the Marty Frankel debacle* messed up my primary carrier. Went Indy again in 2006 and haven't looked back!

*Martin Frankel - Wikipedia

Originally licensed in 1984 writing payroll deducted life insurance. After 6 months, the broker I was under stopped using in house agents and hired an enrollment firm, so I lost that gig. I got back into it in 1990, so that's what I really consider my start in the business. I was independent for about 5-6 years in the '90's, then went back to captive for a while after the Marty Frankel debacle* messed up my primary carrier. Went Indy again in 2006 and haven't looked back!

*Martin Frankel - Wikipedia
Was Settlers your primary?

Back