How long should a new agent stay in an IMO that they think might be failing them

While that sounds good in theory, there is a major problem with this, and not it isn't the three people you named. Most IMOs that are willing to do true, hands on training will want all the business. Especially if they are providing a lead program as well.

You can argue if that is right or not, but the reality is that is how most IMOs will roll, and if they find out an agent has contracts outside of them, then they will probably the agent off.

Thanks for your seasoned response on that issue. I hope that will benefit new agents that may stumble on this thread in the future.

I have engaged in some misplaced arguments here in the past. That is certainly nothing I would argue over with you. Had I gotten farther along and talked with some imo's that certainly would have been a discussion topic of concern to me.

Dude - you still in the forum and still not an agent? You need a CAT Scan . . .

I am not an agent, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

In a situation like that, is it possible to expand the circle of business relationships by adding an imo, rather than just doing the abandon and replace thing?

Who the phuck has 1691 posts and isn't even an Agent ? ? ?

Still cracks me up to this day . . .

Ok, thanks. I asked because back when I was thinking about that process more carefully I was starting to wonder if I could develop a reasonable plan to split carrier contracts that I might need between two different imo's I was interested in for different reasons.

(And this comment will probably get me in trouble, but I am going to make it anyway. I don't have any money for travel, so I never saw how I could do it, but I also was beginning to think that a really great Medigap training program would be to do some "ride alongs" with you, somarco and kgmom.)

How long should an agent be given to succeed. Before he/she should look into maybe different IMO that Might give them a whole new set of training that may fit them better?

Ask whether this FMO is giving me the best chance to succeed, whether I am or not currently. Hard to say a certain time.

ON another note, why does everybody want people to get licensed, I like it when I hear people not getting licensed.

:D

Lighten up Lamb Chops, you're sounding like *ick and I know you don't want to do that. LD's a cool old dude. :yes:

But really - no license yet posting in an Insurance Agent forum. Just crazy. I still say he is a plant for DOI.

Back