How long should a new agent stay in an IMO that they think might be failing them

License or not, he has sold about as much in the last year or so as some of the agents posting here. :yes:

I sorta sold one PDP. Does that count?

I helped my wife's aunt save around 1K a year on her PDP. Kept the same drugstore and carrier, just a change of plans within the carrier's lineup!

My wife called me and said they were quite pleased after the first January drugstore trip.

Last edited:
Now, for the agent who is succeeding, but who has plateaued, is not thriving, growing, and improving beyond some initial level of making a living selling insurance, then for such an agent, a change in IMO's may very well be the necessary to hit the proverbial "next level." In those cases the agent must choose the next IMO wisely.[/QUOTE]
Correct, This is what I was speaking to. When an agent has hit the wall year after year or month after month and cant break out of 100K-150K a year should he seek training elsewhere and build on his current education and what are the tell signs that it is time.
Or maybe he should stay comfortable with average.

Someone may have answered this I'm just catching up reading now ( work hard play hard lol)

I think if the agent thinks he can do more HE CAN. I think of it in steps first step,
100k AP, step two is 150K , 200+ step three and so on...
Sometimes agents hit step 1 or 2 and are forgotten. The IMO thinking that's all them must be able to do leaves them be and does not pursue further training, sure the phone calls and groupchats individual questions. But In my opinion that's when an agent needs different training, efficiency training, appointment setting , couple more ridealongs with 200k+ agents that will push him over the 200k+ mark :yes: and then...that agent will never fall under his new found 200k+ level
as his bar has been forever raised. In my opinion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't FEX "train" agents to take the rest of the week off once they reach their 4k goal?

I've always trained agents to add more leads if they find themselves struggling to find additional people to see by Thursday, especially the people that want to hit 250k plus. I guess the first thing is to determine what your goals are, lifestyle or maximum income.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't FEX "train" agents to take the rest of the week off once they reach their 4k goal?

I've always trained agents to add more leads if they find themselves struggling to find additional people to see by Thursday, especially the people that want to hit 250k plus. I guess the first thing is to determine what your goals are, lifestyle or maximum income.

Once they hit their weekly goal, whatever that goal is, you should stop setting new appointments and door knocking according to Travis's system. 4k is the floor for an acceptable weekly goal but some have higher goals (I do) . But, yes, in general that's the teaching according to Travis. The idea is to create a lifestyle for yourself and prevent burnout. Better to work very hard 2 days a week, have two office days for paperwork and phone calls, and a three day weekend every week than to work half as hard each day, but do that work 5 days a week.

That said, hitting your goal comes first, and if it takes all 7 days in the week to do it, you do what you have to. Goals should be high but achievable, which is why 4k a week is good for most agents. High enough that it takes focus, but achievable enough if you can manage to see the people.

I don't know if CFC plans to teach agents to do the same. I personally recommend it.

Last edited:
I sorta sold one PDP. Does that count?

I helped my wife's aunt save around 1K a year on her PDP. Kept the same drugstore and carrier, just a change of plans within the carrier's lineup!

My wife called me and said they were quite pleased after the first January drugstore trip.

I double double dare you to post the state she lives in, the prescriptions shes taking, the store she buys her drugs at and the drug plan you put her on. You come on here everyday playing a little game of being smarter then the agents. If you are are a good sport then lets change the rules to your game just once and let the agents play. I bet and almost promise you right now you did not set her up with the absolute best plan. I got a feeling you wont want to play but if you do you just might learn something. If were lucky we can all learn something.

I double double dare you to post the state she lives in, the prescriptions shes taking, the store she buys her drugs at and the drug plan you put her on. You come on here everyday playing a little game of being smarter then the agents. If you are are a good sport then lets change the rules to your game just once and let the agents play. I bet and almost promise you right now you did not set her up with the absolute best plan. I got a feeling you wont want to play but if you do you just might learn something. If were lucky we can all learn something.
Oh yeah, well I Triple Dog Dare you to...............:twitchy:

Back