How Long Will a Decline Show Up on MIB?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I had a client get declined for High Globulin levels in 2010. Client eventually found out it was due to food allergies and levels are now much lower. Will I potentially have a problem getting her approved now via NON MED American Amicable? Do you think I am better off going through full underwriting with a good cover letter?

Thanks,
AO

I had a client get declined for High Globulin levels in 2010. Client eventually found out it was due to food allergies and levels are now much lower. Will I potentially have a problem getting her approved now via NON MED American Amicable? Do you think I am better off going through full underwriting with a good cover letter?

Thanks,
AO

American amicable may still approve but you can bet the farm they will order medical records.

Other non medical exam companies are a little.better with past declines if providing a detailed cover letter.

As far as being fully underwritten that's up to you and the client to decide. Favorable lab results could result in better offers.

No matter where you send it make sure you put a good cover letter with it. It's a unique situation and you want to explain that. If they're healthy fu will be better priced.

Fully underwritten with a letter to Underwriter , dr's information and current test results available if possible. The decline on MIB will be on for a long time so no more non-med apps.

I had a client get declined for High Globulin levels in 2010. Client eventually found out it was due to food allergies and levels are now much lower. Will I potentially have a problem getting her approved now via NON MED American Amicable? Do you think I am better off going through full underwriting with a good cover letter? Thanks, AO

Am-Am should approve it, providing the client's doctor can confirm in writing that the high levels were due to food allergies. I'd ask her to get a letter and submit the application with a note advising that your client is getting a letter from her doctor. Once received I'd fax it to the underwriter.

Quick note. An application will show up on MIB and likely the a code for abnormal globulin levels. That said it is my understanding that any dwcision made by an underwriter whether approve or decline will not show up on an MIB.

Back