How Long Will Medicare Advantage Commissions Be Paid?

wilkin

Guru
100+ Post Club
Back when CMS took control of MA commissions I think they announced they could be paid for a maximum of 6 years total regardless of how many times a person may change plans and companies over the 6 years. I was advised recently by a Coventry official that CMS changed that rule and now says each company can decide how long they want to pay Medicare Advantage commissions. Coventry says they will be paying them for 6 years.

Has anyone heard anything different from this? And have you received word from other carriers how long they will be paying?

Odds of a single carrier being competitive for 6 years in that industry aren't particularly good.

I'd also have reservations as to whether or not the system itself will be solvent in the next few years.

To answer your question, I've heard the answer be anywhere between them paying another "first year commission" all the way through the commissions ending at that year. Honestly, even if you had an answer now the odds of it being the same answer when the situation arises aren't particularly great.

Where's that pic of the stickman banging his head against the wall when u need it . . .

Back