How Low Can You Go? What's Your Breaking Point?

SeniorGurl

Expert
Really...

At what point would you say no thanks, not worth the time or trouble?

At what point does CMS step in an set a rate that is at least fair for our time and experience?

What will they do when all of us say see ya later or is that what they want?

Just say'n.

Really...

At what point does CMS step in an set a rate that is at least fair for our time and experience?

Just say'n.

The insurance companies don't want agents because we help our clients find the best plans that will most likely pay the highest rate of claims.

The government doesn't want us because they have spent all this money on Navigators and would rather have morons explain things to consumers and put them in bad plans.

It's all about enrollment numbers to the government regardless of the coverage and all about keeping their heads above water to the insurance companies, we don't factor into that equation hence the stupidly low compensation.

We are already too low. Anything less than $200/yr PMPM won't work. (like MA). I'm just picking up the crumbs this year, so the kids can eat.

Be sure someone chimes in to the conf call TODAY and asks if they will be instituting a "mandated MA commission" structure next year:

------------------------------
Please join U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell and Marketplace CEO Kevin Counihan on Monday, October 31 at 2:30 PM Eastern Time (ET) for an update on this year’s Open Enrollment period for agents and brokers.

Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during this call.

WHEN: Monday, October 31 at 2:30 PM ET (please join 5 minutes early so the call can start on time)

DIAL: 800-857-3795

PASSCODE: 1139335

For me it was not worth the time or trouble starting with 2014 effective dates. The last quarter of 2013 just about did me in, working Obamacare and Medicare open enrollment.

Then came January 2014 and many people STILL did not have policies or ID cards in spite of enrolling in a plan in October. Come March and I notice I am not being paid on a number of my clients, especially those who had been with me for years.

By the time I got to May and discovered I was only getting paid on 70% of my clients I decided I was done. Didn't have time to chase down applications, commissions, etc.

I walked away and never looked back.

You have to decide your future. It has always been that way and this is no different.

For me it was not worth the time or trouble starting with 2014 effective dates. The last quarter of 2013 just about did me in, working Obamacare and Medicare open enrollment.

Then came January 2014 and many people STILL did not have policies or ID cards in spite of enrolling in a plan in October. Come March and I notice I am not being paid on a number of my clients, especially those who had been with me for years.

By the time I got to May and discovered I was only getting paid on 70% of my clients I decided I was done. Didn't have time to chase down applications, commissions, etc.

I walked away and never looked back.

You have to decide your future. It has always been that way and this is no different.

And some of us stuck it out through 2014 and are reaping the benefits from those who dropped out. (I'm in TX, though. Different story for TN or AZ) A lot of my calls start with "my agent no longer sells health insurance".

But Somarco is right...you have to decide what's best for you.

We went to one carrier and 0% for on-x. I'll help some of my clients with it this year, but I've already turned several new potential clients away.

Really...

Just say'n.

Medicare comp.

Once major med dips below Medicare comp, forget it!

And we're already there BTW
:skeptical:

We went to one carrier and 0% for on-x. I'll help some of my clients with it this year, but I've already turned several new potential clients away.

:goofy: You should have considered all of the other business you could have acquired from these "new" clients! Who would walk away from that???? :no:

Back