How Many ACA SEP's Submitted?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Starting with a 4/1/15 effective date to Sept 1st eff date, I've written about 60 SEP's, or about 10 a month average (all referrals). Seems to just fill the hole for the clients vacating for one reason or another.

Turns out, I wrote .0000635% of the business available in USA
I exceeded my goal of .00005% , drinks on me!

What say you?

The Health and Human Services Department said Thursday that 943,934 new customers had signed up since open enrollment ended on Feb. 22, benefiting from “special enrollment periods” keyed to life changes and other circumstances.

Health law sign-ups keep growing; uninsured rate declines : Special

Just taking them as they come, can't turn away referrals, or you'll shut off that spigot in the future.

less than 10 for me, if someone calls me I take care of it, otherwise I have no interest in prospecting for these...

SEPs were less than 10 a month for me too, but we have an insurer who allows year-round enrollment even if it's non-SEP, and I've used that option. Also, group enrollment is really up, and it's year-round. All totaled (group, SEP and non-SEP), just for the month of August, I have 78 apps done so far. And it's only August 14th. I have another 82 on my desk that haven't closed yet, and I'm thinking I'll close 50% of those in August. Almost all of those are employees in group plans, and I think only 8 of them are IFP apps. So, I'm liking these group & non-SEP enrollments. In fact, I like this year-round enrollment much better than a massive OEP.

Last edited:
Back