How Many Agents Nationwide Sell Medicare Advantage?

Piece Of The Pie

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm trying to find statistics online showing how many licensed insurance agents sell Medicare Advantage plans as part of their portfolio (nationally).

Any help?

Thanks,

I used to work for carriers and the number of contracted agents between all of them is probably easily in the hundreds of thousands. As far as actively producing, probably less than 25%. Any reason in particular you're looking for this?

I used to work for carriers and the number of contracted agents between all of them is probably easily in the hundreds of thousands. As far as actively producing, probably less than 25%. Any reason in particular you're looking for this?

I have a business idea that could help agents and trying to figure out the potential market for it.

I could not find any data on contracted agents or similar.

"I have a business idea that could help agents and trying to figure out the potential market for it."
99% chance your idea has already been thought of and either is being developed or has already failed.
Good luck though!

"I have a business idea that could help agents and trying to figure out the potential market for it."
99% chance your idea has already been thought of and either is being developed or has already failed.
Good luck though!

The other challenge is that the markets are really nuanced. A plan in one market with no premium and good benefits might do poorly and another plan with a $50/month premium and weaker benefits can do extremely well. The recognition of the brand and area can really factor into things. It's difficult to put that into software. Most MA agents tend to focus on their backyard too vs looking for hot markets.... and if they find a hot market, it's probably already someone else's backyard.

That said, if you share the idea, I'm sure you can get some feedback.

Back