How Many Calls with an Autodialer?

JP Savage

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How many numbers should an autodialer be used to call if its for 1 producer? Sorry if it comes off as a dumb question but I've been told 2,3, and 4. Then I was told some calls could be dropped if calling more than one.

I'm talking about cold calling using an autodialer not the prerecorded message type calling.

I'm talking about cold calling using an autodialer not the prerecorded message type calling.

Three seems to be the sweet spot.

Also depends on what your dialer can handle effectively as well.

Only dialer I've ever used that can effectively handle three lines at once with out hanging up on two many people or dropping calls is MOJO. For quality there's a price, It's $150 a month.

Every other dialer I've used hasn't been able to effectively handle it. That doesn't mean they dont exist though.

We can handle up to 8:1 without any issues.

The problem most vicidial setups (the main competition to mojo are basically all using the same base system) is that either:

a. too many users per box
b. too much load on box because of bad configuration
c. above two problems combined.

My opinion is that line use would depend on what you're dialing.

Real time leads I'd use 2 lines, tops, until the list is older.

Aged 3-4
Cold call 3-4

When you're on really old data with more than 6 dials on it, you can go up to 8:1 with minimal drop risk. I've seen more than 600 dials in a day within legal drop limits by increasing line use based on dial attempts and contact %.

Only system that has that built in is mine.

How new are you to the business?

If brand new then I suggest you perfect your telephone presentation and have it down smooth and pat before you begin using a dialer of any kind.

Using the phone is a learned well-practiced art, it just doesn't come naturally just because you have a "script". Until you have it perfect, conversational, know how to maintain control of the call and how to transition it into a relaxed conversation, stick your finger in the hole and turn the wheel. There is a learning curve to correctly and successfully using the phone.

Frank, I've been in the business for about 5 yrs. The last 1 1/2 years as an independant. We handle P&C, L &H, although the calls will be straight cold calling for P&C and business. I've done cold calling before as a captured but it's been a while and never with an autodialer. I have no problem talking about insurance, but the cold call was never my strong point. I have access to free lists for a few months and I don't want to waste it.

Currently I'm looking at giving Callfire a shot. I will be calling in 1-2 hour increments, so I don't think I will get the benefit out of a product like MoJo.

man dialer's left a bad taste in my mouth years ago when had to settle on a set up small claims court deal....and after what the annuity dude is going through it is apparent people hate insurance agents....hahahahaha.....

Frank, I've been in the business for about 5 yrs. The last 1 1/2 years as an independant. We handle P&C, L &H, although the calls will be straight cold calling for P&C and business. I've done cold calling before as a captured but it's been a while and never with an autodialer. I have no problem talking about insurance, but the cold call was never my strong point. I have access to free lists for a few months and I don't want to waste it.

Currently I'm looking at giving Callfire a shot. I will be calling in 1-2 hour increments, so I don't think I will get the benefit out of a product like MoJo.

As an experienced, professional agent you will probably benefit from using the right kind of dialer.

Back