How Many Cold Calls Until....

ahennings

Expert
you stop hating it? I've just started cold calling businesses and I don't like it, but need to do it. How many calls does it take to get over the "I hate this" feeling?

I've been at it for years and I still hate it. It does get a little better when the money starts rolling in.

Make some flyers and try canvassing small business parks before 8AM. I think that's the best time to catch owners sitting by themselves. I've seen many owners ignoring phone calls while I'm talking to them and tell me that it's just another sales call.

I've been doing it for a very long time and that first call in the morning is still the toughest one of the day.

However, now that I have it down pat and conversational the rest of the calls are almost enjoyable. Note that I said, ALMOST! :laugh:

you stop hating it? I've just started cold calling businesses and I don't like it, but need to do it. How many calls does it take to get over the "I hate this" feeling?

If it was easy everyone would do it....

but from reading your post, your focus is in the wrong place.

You can't think about how much you hate it, because cold calling sucks!

Focus on what effective cold calling does for you...it makes you $$$

for ex.....if you make 100 calls, you are going to make "x" number of sales...and then work on improving the number of sales you make per 100 calls.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I definitely think it gets better with some success and keep in mind how much money you make for X number of calls.

I don't know if I can do Tequila at 9 am, I might just put some whiskey in my coffee instead.

Back