How Many Contacts a Day (or Hour) with Mojo?

pbbaseball

Guru
100+ Post Club
Am trying to decide if it's better to get a list separately to dial and then direct mail, or just get the 150 salesdialers package that includes unlimited data.

Any idea when you use a power dialer roughly how many people per day you might get in contact with? Figured per hour might be easier since I'm only going to call an hour or two a day.

Am planning on leaving the prerecorded voicemails with the dialer. Looking for a rough idea of how long 5000 names would last me.

Why not buy Mojo on their 7-day money-back guarantee and light it up for several days to see what you counts are?

Mojo has a very good report that gives time-on-phone, dials made, and a lengthy list of results.

Using 3 lines and a half-way decent list I average 177 dials per 100 minutes(that includes time spent in conversations leading to a no, a callback, or an appoinitment set). My results vary depending on if I'm cold-calling final expense, med supps, LTC, or annuities. (Calling businesses is a completely different discussion).

For the money (for me), Mojo and cold-calling is better than money on mailers. But everyone on these forums has much different experiences with different forms of prospecting.

I have a list coming of 4300 numbers of high-income 60-70 year olds that I estimate will last a little over 14 days if I spend 3-4 hours dialing per day to complete the first pass (including leaving voice-mail messages). Given appointments, travel, case development, underwriting follow-up, etc I figure I'm good for a few months on this list (but I work several lists for different markets).

Exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like we have another Mojo fan! I am big into direct mail, but feel like there have to be TONS of people that would be receptive to a cold call that won't even open my direct mail.

Thanks for the detailed response!

Cold calling can be very effective...only down side is your limited to only 20% of consumer due to DNC list. As far as which is more effective...that all depends on the agent making the calls....some are not good at prospecting and prefer an inbound call, for others on tighter budgets OR who have the desire to cold call that can be more effective in terms of CPA. To each their own, but they both work.

Exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like we have another Mojo fan! I am big into direct mail, but feel like there have to be TONS of people that would be receptive to a cold call that won't even open my direct mail.

Thanks for the detailed response!

There is a telemarketer that works on my system every day, about 3 hours a day, that talks to about 30 people and uses about 300 records per day.

100 records per hour, 10 contacts, 2 leads is her average on medicare, dialing in a 5:1 ratio normally. Her drop % averages about 1.5%.

I'd imagine 1 of those 10 is an answering machine, answering machine detection working how it does.

The 100 records she calls aren't "used" they get redialed for 6 attempts, and even at the 6th attempt the numbers stay pretty constant.

I do start the number of lines in use on first attempt at 2, and it scales up to 5 over the 6 call attempts, which keeps the drop rate and time to connect relatively constant.

A predictive model with over 4 agents is a completely different ballgame, I just understand the numbers from the 1 agent 1 campaign perspective.

There is a telemarketer that works on my system every day, about 3 hours a day, that talks to about 30 people and uses about 300 records per day.

100 records per hour, 10 contacts, 2 leads is her average on medicare, dialing in a 5:1 ratio normally. Her drop % averages about 1.5%.

I'd imagine 1 of those 10 is an answering machine, answering machine detection working how it does.

The 100 records she calls aren't "used" they get redialed for 6 attempts, and even at the 6th attempt the numbers stay pretty constant.

I do start the number of lines in use on first attempt at 2, and it scales up to 5 over the 6 call attempts, which keeps the drop rate and time to connect relatively constant.

A predictive model with over 4 agents is a completely different ballgame, I just understand the numbers from the 1 agent 1 campaign perspective.

May I ask what you consider a "lead"...you say she gets (if I understand) about 2 leads per hour. Are these people who are open to a phone call from you with rates or are they appointments?

Thanks!

May I ask what you consider a "lead"...you say she gets (if I understand) about 2 leads per hour. Are these people who are open to a phone call from you with rates or are they appointments?

Thanks!

She's not my telemarketer, but they're people who have agreed to allow the agent who hires her to send them a quote.

My own downline agent produces similar numbers when she dials, although she stays on the phone longer with each person, and makes less total dials, she produces about the same number of leads while using less data.

Same script for both of them, its just basically:

hi,
i'd like to save you money on medicare insurance,
what company do you have,
how much do you pay,
i'd like to send you a quote,
thanks check your email someone will call back tomorrow.

(paraphrasing)

I've always wondered how many "passes" a list is good for. Is 6 a good number??

I stole that number from a whitepaper put out by inside sales showing that 6 calls was the right number of attempts to make to a lead.

It seems to hold true on data also, but I've never seen what would happen if you just let someone call to infinity., my data stops at around 10 dials per.

Answer rate drops to under 1% after 6 dials, so further calling is wildly unproductive.

nice, that's the kind of numbers I was looking for. I'm going to be doing it solo. Been working on a big mailer this week, so I'll be hitting the phones after I get back for labor day.

have a few sub-agents that I'm gonna call as well assuming I do relatively well on it. Thanks for the info on 6 call throughs. I was planning on starting with 2 lines and ramping it up.

Do you guys ever leave the pre-recorded messages? was originally debating it, but now i'm leaning towards not until the list has been called through 6 times

Back