How Many Hours Per Day During AEP?

7.5 hrs/day Monday - Friday. I must just be really efficient.

I think a lot of the excess hours worked is simply lack of time management. Even during the years I had a huge change in my book, I rarely saw 40 hour weeks unless I was sitting at a kiosk.

About 35 hours a week...Stays about the same all year, during AEP I buckle down and spendless time screwing around like I am right now. Its lunch time though so thats my excuse. Time management is key.

I agree Jimmy. I feel I have a pretty good book of business and I have no trouble getting it done in 40 hrs. per week. Now I do have a lot on a stable MAPD and if it ever leaves my area I will have a busy AEP.

I was talking to an agent who told me he is currently working 16 hours a day during AEP. I was curious to know how many hours everyone is working right now during this crazy time of year?

Probably not enough being that's in deer season in Georgia.

I work 10-hour days year round. Just a whole lot more appointments during this time of year.

What is funny is we do 80% supplements and 20% advantage but you can't convince the supplement people that the open enrollment doesn't affect them. Stirs up a lot of new business every year so not complaining.

I can tell you time management is not my problem. We have either telephone or f2f at my desk appointment all day long. If one runs short I'm on the phone moving other client issues down the road to resolution. My throat hurts from talking so much.

Lunch for me takes longer to heat up than to eat. 10 min. standing in the break room shoving something down my pie-hole is typical.

Back