How Many Leads Should a GA Provide for Its Agents.

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
How many leads should a GA provide for its agents if the "employment" system is as follows:

- Agents are captive with the GA's one and only Health Insurance carrier.
- Agents are not allowed to prospect or sell outside of the GA EVEN IF the agent has an independent insurance business on the side:
For example: Say the GA is a contracted Coventry GA. I have no idea if coventry has contracted General Agencies, this is just for an example.
Clearly, the GA office focuses only and ONLY on health insurance through Coventry. Any other lines, such as life, disability, critical illness, is welcomed business, but it is not marketed, hunted for, and not at all ever thought about unless someone calls the office and says "I want to buy life insurance" which literally never happens in a million years, ever...OR, the agency only gets this business if one of its agents prospects for it.
- Commission schedule: the agency eats half of the commission that the carrier pays. All commissions are assigned to agency. Again, for example's purpose: Let's say coventry pays $400 commission for some health insurance plan. The agent sells. The agency then keeps $200, and the agent gets $200.
- All commission "job", make money if you sell. Make nothing if you dont sell. No benefits, of course.

What should the GA bring to the table? How many leads should an agent get every week? How good should these leads be?

Would an agent be justified in selling life, disability, annuities, and other products on the side OUTSIDE OF THE AGENCY through his own direct contract with companies?

It makes zero sense to me why 1. an agent would put ANY business that is NOT Coventry health through this agency since the agency does nothing to drum up this kinda of business, and honestly couldn't care less about having this kind of business, and 2. the agency will take half the commission.

I'm thinking that in this horrible set up the agent should receive as many good leads as possible. What do you think?

Is one crappy lead a day enough?

The brutally honest answer? As many or as few as they want.

My question is, why are you staying? I don't see one positive comment from you about the agency.

One of these days, you'll grow some balls and quit. Once you do, you'll wonder why you didn't listen to everyone years earlier.

Back