How Many Leads?

I know this one has been up here a few times, but I haven't noticed any recent posts. Has HEALTH lead quality and economic conditions played a part in how you do business? Please post the following:

How many exclusive HEALTH leads/shared leads to purchase week and what's your close ratio?
Please post a response if you are purchasing internet leads.

Last edited:
Re: How May Leads?

Economic conditions do not play a major part in Med Supp sales.

All of my leads are "exclusive" since I am the one who generates them. I do not purchase them so there is no out of pocket expense to me. I close over 95% of the appointments I set.

I know this one has been up here a few times, but I haven't noticed any recent posts. Has HEALTH lead quality and economic conditions played a part in how you do business? Please post the following:

How many exclusive HEALTH leads/shared leads to purchase week and what's your close ratio?

* why would you purchase either shared or exclusive internet leads when many companies wil provide you with 10-15 people waiting to hear from you weekly contact me at [email protected] and i can explaun further

* why would you purchase either shared or exclusive internet leads when many companies wil provide you with 10-15 people waiting to hear from you weekly contact me at [email protected] and i can explaun further

Are you implying that these are free? When you say "companies" are you referring to insurance companies?

It sounds like a hell of a deal. I wish companies would do that in the senior market. Please post more information, I'm sure there are hundreds of agents here who would like to learn about this.

It takes me twelve to fifteen shared leads to close a health case, about the same for life. Six exclusives to close a health, and never tried exclusive life leads.

I am buying about fifteen or twenty a month these days. I was buying significantly more but I noticed quality slipping with my favorite company and a slowly growing urge to drink and shoot my face off.

Are you implying that these are free? When you say "companies" are you referring to insurance companies?

It sounds like a hell of a deal. I wish companies would do that in the senior market. Please post more information, I'm sure there are hundreds of agents here who would like to learn about this.

You are right frank...its a great deal, but The "FAB 5" have blasted it as SPAM and I dont want to go thru all that again....But would you as a manager pay $400 yourself for 20 exclusive telemerket leads to give a producer closing 20% of his health leads???

avg health monthly prem $250
agent sells 4 20% $1,000 in monthly premiums
your overide is 7%
your advance is 12 months
YOU JUST MADE *840 DOLLARS/DOUBLED UR INVESTMENT

* THE AGENT JUST EARNED $2400

The key is that everything is LOCK STEP
The script, the drop by visit, the presentation, the close, the collection of referrals, left/right marketing

Consistent - training and systems is the key on the battlefield and in business. You must have more bullets in your gun than the other agents and be skilled enough not just to hit the target.....but to hit the bullseye every time.

NOW THATS EFFECTIVE MARKETING AND AGENT DEVELOPMENT

i I enjoy reading your posts frank....they are very informative, never hateful or sarcastic!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It takes me twelve to fifteen shared leads to close a health case, about the same for life. Six exclusives to close a health, and never tried exclusive life leads.

I am buying about fifteen or twenty a month these days. I was buying significantly more but I noticed quality slipping with my favorite company and a slowly growing urge to drink and shoot my face off.

oh yea.....been there before

Last edited:

But would you as a manager pay $400 yourself for 20 exclusive telemerket leads to give a producer closing 20% of his health leads???

If you are asking me personally if I would do that, it would pain me greatly to even pay $100 for 20 leads. I have become very spoiled. Working the senior market will do that to one.

Selling health insurance is so much more time consuming and expensive than selling Med Supps that I really think it would be difficult for me to do. I'm accustom to practically no lead expense, a one call sale, six years of first year commission and great persistency with virtually no service work.

Once I get a "lead" (generated by me) I can work that "lead" successfully for several years. I know that if I don't sell them today I will most likely sell them "tomorrow". There aren't very many kinds of insurance where an agent can do that. That person continues to be a viable prospect until they die. That's why it isn't uncommon for me to sell someone "today" who I originally talked to 12, 24 or even 36 months ago.

Latest posts

Back