How Many Options Do You Present?

cusaba

Expert
Hi,

I'm a new agent, have posted few times. I have a question about something that has been bothering me.
How many plans (options) do you present to your prospect? I usually send them three and usually from different carriers. I'm starting to think I'm confusing them with so much info. How many do you present?

Thank you guys
:1cute:

Hi,

I'm a new agent, have posted few times. I have a question about something that has been bothering me.
How many plans (options) do you present to your prospect? I usually send them three and usually from different carriers. I'm starting to think I'm confusing them with so much info. How many do you present?

Thank you guys
:1cute:

When you initially make contact on the telephone, get them to tell you what they are looking for, ask a lot of questions.
Explain the pro's & con's of the various plans and then recommend ONE.
Send them the information on that plan only, with a choice of three deductibles. This method really cuts down on the "I have to think about it / Talk the my wife etc".
If you have garnered the information correctly you will be sending them the plan that they were looking for.

</IMG>

I disagree with my buddy Mikey here. i have Norvax, I tell the client ALL options and prices in an effort to eliminate them "shopping" me. I tell them out of all the plans that meet their basic request IE co-pay plans or if they wanted catastrophic/HSA and quote them however I do say based on our detailed conversation and their requirements XYZ plan better fits it and I explain why. then I send the quote if needed with ALL the plans. I feel this method is only for advanced agents and not rookies or agents that dont focus on health. You pull this stunt and are not experienced you will get the consumer thinking about it

Last edited:
Both methods have pros and cons...I do a mix between the both of you. I show about 10-15 plans to show them that I am shopping for them and then I recommend my 1st choice and give them a 2nd choice. It works for me...

I send 2 plans maybe 3.

First I talk to the prospect about their current situation.
I explain how the carriers work with underwriting and what not. Then I go into plan options and explain that.

Then I go from teacher to salesman on why they should take out a HSA. 90% of my indy sales are HSA.

After that sales pitch I email them a co pay plan and HSA with an e-app.
If they are broke I will send them over one of the limited plans like co pay saver or anthem 30%/50%.

You new guys should think that the prospect can jump online and look at all the plans you are offering. You need to sell them on why they should buy from you.

Great topic!

Since there are no healthy people any more, I send them options and tell them the final rates will be somewhere between what is illustrated and double that. Once we get to the point of deciding on a plan and carrier I will fine tune it for them.

Back