How Many Quote Requests to Expect from Decent Website

Nanci

Expert
I am having a new website professionally designed for my P & C Agency. The traffic from my old site, which I did myself with no web design experience, brought in about one quote request every two months or so. I hope to have much better results with my new professional site, but am wondering what, realistically, I should expect.

Site appearance and layout can impact whether or not someone that lands on your site sticks around long enough to request a quote or not but you can have the best looking site on the planet and if no one finds you the money has been wasted.

There are people on this forum with some visually unimpressive sites that do rather well.

Moonie, crazy Russian still around and writing business. Internet been very, very goot to him.

I am having a new website professionally designed for my P & C Agency. The traffic from my old site, which I did myself with no web design experience, brought in about one quote request every two months or so. I hope to have much better results with my new professional site, but am wondering what, realistically, I should expect.

Do you have google analytics installed on your site? The amount of requests is partially conversion based on what the site looks like, but also by traffic. If you're not getting any traffic then I wouldn't expect much change. On the other hand, if you've been getting a lot of traffic but folks just weren't taking action, you might see a larger impact.

Do you know how many unique visitors you have in a month?

Do you have google analytics installed on your site? The amount of requests is partially conversion based on what the site looks like, but also by traffic. If you're not getting any traffic then I wouldn't expect much change. On the other hand, if you've been getting a lot of traffic but folks just weren't taking action, you might see a larger impact.

Do you know how many unique visitors you have in a month?

I do have Google Analytics and my current site has equally no traffic and no conversion. So, I am wondering how to judge whether my Web Designer has done a good job once my new site gets online. Would 5 visitors with 2 conversions in a month be considered good? It doesn't sound very good to me, but I am wondering if this is the type of results I should be braced for. I have not yet hired anyone to do the SEO as what I was quoted was considerable higher than what I thought it would be ($1,500/month with a 1 year contract). So, since the Web Designer told me I would have some organic traffic at first I decided I would hold off on the SEO for the first few months while I price out SEO services. So, if anyone has an approximate figure to give me as to how much traffic and/or conversion to expect from a decent website I would appreciate it. This will allow me a way to gage if I spent my money wisely (web design ran $2k). Thanks!

I do have Google Analytics and my current site has equally no traffic and no conversion. So, I am wondering how to judge whether my Web Designer has done a good job once my new site gets online.

Since this site really isn't generating you anything now, what's the goal of the site? To have a better looking site that helps establish credibility or are you trying to turn it into a site actively generating leads.

Would 5 visitors with 2 conversions in a month be considered good? It doesn't sound very good to me, but I am wondering if this is the type of results I should be braced for.

If you're only getting five visitors a month, the amount of conversions is irrelevant. A 40% conversion rate would be huge, but you need to be getting hundreds or thousands of folks a month to your site to start having any meaningful numbers to gauge conversion by.

I have not yet hired anyone to do the SEO as what I was quoted was considerable higher than what I thought it would be ($1,500/month with a 1 year contract).

A bit on the high side, but the reality is SEO companies charge a fortune and they can get away with it. Most have a difficult time providing results, especially because it is so competitive.

So, since the Web Designer told me I would have some organic traffic at first I decided I would hold off on the SEO for the first few months while I price out SEO services.

Not a bad plan. If you put some good original content on your site with relevant keywords you should get *some* organic traffic. Might not be a lot, but you should get something. Most of what a SEO company is going to do will resolve around (1) getting your site content organized correctly and (2) creating backlinks for you. The backlinks, if done incorrectly, can end up getting your site hurt more than it helps.

So, if anyone has an approximate figure to give me as to how much traffic and/or conversion to expect from a decent website I would appreciate it.

Two very different things. There are some agents with sites that get 10 quotes a month and are happy about it and others that get 100s and want more. The conversion game is a bit of a mixed bag itself.

This will allow me a way to gage if I spent my money wisely (web design ran $2k). Thanks!

For $2k you're basis on whether or not it's money well spent should focus more around if it's a site that presents you professionally and is easy to use vs how much lead generation it does. In 2015 everyone expects you to have a website and while $2k for a basic site is a touch on the high end, it's certainly reasonable for a quality site.

Since this site really isn't generating you anything now, what's the goal of the site? To have a better looking site that helps establish credibility or are you trying to turn it into a site actively generating leads.

For $2k you're basis on whether or not it's money well spent should focus more around if it's a site that presents you professionally and is easy to use vs how much lead generation it does. In 2015 everyone expects you to have a website and while $2k for a basic site is a touch on the high end, it's certainly reasonable for a quality site.

The goal of my site is to make me money...lots of it. I could have the ugliest site in the world and if it made me rich I could care less that I had any ugly site. My dream would be to have a site that generated 50 quality leads per month. The problem is I cannot pin any one down for what would be considered a realistic goal. Everyone seems very illusive including the web designer and SEO personnel.

They are. The results are impossible to guarantee and most really don't know squat about insurance leads. 95% of these companies just want your money for a confusing industry. Competition for these keywords is also out of hand.

For $1,500 a month your money would be much better spent on Pay-Per-Click advertising, at least then you will actually be bringing in traffic. Paying for SEO is the hope that you may some day get free traffic which in this day and age just isn't worth it.

I don't know what kind of insurance you are looking for but for most types you can get leads for $30-60 depending who is running it, so you can figure out your spend from there.

Back