How Many?

Two key questions:

1) Is anyone taking any medication
2) has anyone been hospitalized or had surgery in the last 5 years?

Tells ya everything you need to know...

Sometimes when I know they are lying (had one today) I send them on their way. I don't have time.

It's more than $70,000!

I ask the same questions and then when I have app completed I have 3 different minor conditions that lead to a decline.

If your in the $200,000 range in commish for indiviudal sales my hat goes off to you.

I don't get too much. No risk pool here in Florida though so it's tough. If they're HIPAA eligible I'll do it even though it cuts the comp in half (I have a heart).

Got any ideas?

I wish. From what I heard, the uninsured amount of the population has gone up since last year, are they all un-insurable/declinable?

Keep in mind, when I mentioned fraud, I was thinking life insurance. I realize this is the health portion of the site, but I really only write life. And, mainly I write low amounts { I'm still a debit agent} -so there is no way they can get by without seeing me face to face. I knock doors. None of my life companies accept apps through the mail that I know of.

Yes, there was creative artwork with the paper apps in the life captive offices that I worked for, 15 years ago, I will give you that much.

Not enough
I have had 6 declines this month on larger premium.

ABC:

It would be interesting to see and analyze the matrix of those six declines, based on the knowledge and criteria you had in advance as to their meds and conditions, as compared to the reason for decline. Were they declined based on what was known to you, or unknown, at the time of the app...?

Might be a learning experience for you and others; not that the mere decline of these cases hasn't been somewhat of a learning exp already. Maybe it helps you avoid similar experiences going forward.

3 different minor conditions that lead to a decline.

Define minor.

Every carrier I know says 3 treated conditions and you are an automatic decline.

the uninsured amount of the population has gone up since last year, are they all un-insurable/declinable?

It actually dropped in 2007 for the first time in 7 years.

Number of Uninsured Americans Drops - US News and World Report

Many of those previously uninsured went on taxpayer funded plans such as Medicaid & SCHIP.

You also need to factor in who makes up the uninsured. Roughly 10M children, many of whom would qualify for Medicaid or SCHIP and (this is always a guess) 10-15M illegal aliens. Add to the mix 8 - 10M who earn in xs of $50k and should be able to afford health insurance and the 47M balloon loses a lot of air.

When you consider many of those who are uninsured qualify for and have access to free taxpayer funded plans yet fail to avail themselves of the coverage you have to wonder what we must do to cover everyone. Would it help if we provided totally free health care and PAID them to take advantage of the plan?

only write life. And, mainly I write low amounts { I'm still a debit agent} -so there is no way they can get by without seeing me face to face

Debit routes still exist? I am amazed. Thought they had gone the way of rabbit ears.

There are agents who current write small face amounts over the phone without ever meeting the prospect. Plenty of carriers offer face amounts under $50k on a simplified issue basis.

Back