How Much Are You Paying for Telemarketing Leads?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
How much are you paying for Telemarketing Leads?

I know with most companies are you lucky if three out of ten leads are worth killing.

I keep seeing all kind of different prices on these types of leads.

If you are doing this kind of leads, how much are you paying and who are you using?

I'm paying between $16 to $25

Last edited:
Haven't used them, but myleadwire.net only charges $15 (20 lead min) for exclusive telemarketed leads. That's the first red flag, that they are below market based on what I have seen others charge. Also, got a recorded message when I called for info that no one was available, so try getting someone on the phone if there is a problem. I received an e-mail response to questions and found out they only replace 10% of leads. I would be wiling to try them even with the red flags if someone has had success with them, but have not found any feedback on them. Even if only half of the leads were good, they would still be on par price wise with other vendors.

From my experience, telemarketed leads are not worth the price you pay for them. I suspect that what happens is the only goal of the telemarketer is to get the person to agree to a call from you, and the lead only agrees to get off the phone without being rude.

That being said, it is nice to every once in a while get someone who actually wants a quote who you're not having to compete with 20 other agents for.

But I find that my closing ratio isn't any better on these than internet leads. And these cost 2 or 3 times as much.

"I suspect that what happens is the only goal of the telemarketer is to get the person to agree to a call from you, and the lead only agrees to get off the phone without being rude."

I agree. When I first started in group health, I found that I needed to be a little less agressive and qualify more on the phone, because too often when I met with a business executive I found that they had no interest in switching carriers or agents, they just couldn't say no to my persistence for an appointment. These telemarketers are not looking for prospects, they are looking for people who can't say no when it doesn't cost them anything. If some of them happen to turn into real prospects, well, as they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

There is a fundamental flaw in the concept of selling telemarketed leads on a per lead basis which is that no one knows how long it will take to generate a *quality* lead. If a firm hires a telemarketer at $12/hr and it takes 2 hours to generate a quality lead, assuming there were no other expenses (which we all know isn't true), they would lose money selling it for any less than $24. In my experience agents are not willing to spend $40-$50/lead with no return policy so we find ourselves in a situation where the only companies out there offering telemarketed leads are selling them at prices they can't afford OR they are passing of substandard leads in order to fill their order requirements. The only way I think it's viable for a telemarketing firm to provide quality appointments is if they are charging hourly with no guarantee, but that's something agents find even less attractive.

There is a fundamental flaw in the concept of selling telemarketed leads on a per lead basis which is that no one knows how long it will take to generate a *quality* lead. If a firm hires a telemarketer at $12/hr and it takes 2 hours to generate a quality lead, assuming there were no other expenses (which we all know isn't true), they would lose money selling it for any less than $24. In my experience agents are not willing to spend $40-$50/lead with no return policy so we find ourselves in a situation where the only companies out there offering telemarketed leads are selling them at prices they can't afford OR they are passing of substandard leads in order to fill their order requirements. The only way I think it's viable for a telemarketing firm to provide quality appointments is if they are charging hourly with no guarantee, but that's something agents find even less attractive.

Don't even get me started, I actually understand why NetQuote & AWL sell their leads the way they do. A giant "I told you so" it seems.

Don't even get me started, I actually understand why NetQuote & AWL sell their leads the way they do. A giant "I told you so" it seems.

Malcolm,
I told you it was very hard to monetize Exclusive leads:idea:. You must have more unsold than sold. Been there. Heck, been there without leads being exclusive! How does one company have agents in all states, all zip codes? Impossible.

Targeting adds via search to just one small area, one state.....

I agree with the analysis of telemarketed leads also.

As of last week, our Quality just went up due to some serious IT innovations/work we've done the last 6 months, but quantity went down because of it:( But that is okay as we would rather our agents spend less time on bogus leads. What we developed can never catch everything, but it is Way better than what our competitors are doing.

Anyone that wants to try Quality fresh leads, click here Insurance Forums Special Offer - $125 in Free Leads | Real-time, high-quality Internet insurance leads to get more information.

I'm all for the extra effort made even if it results in fewer leads. Why? My time is better spent talking to people who can say yes or no to my offer rather than chasing down a fake lead. Fake leads require time to verify that the person didn't request a quote. If a lead company (thanks HTQ) has adjusted their software to beat the fake lead guy's software, I'm all for it.

It's not really creating fewer leads, it's actually producing leads that have an interest. Maybe not with me, maybe with me. The old way just burned up your time chasing fakes.

Back