How Much Do Agents Make?

I'm just wondering how much the agents here or anywhere usually make in a year- or every month- maybe starting off or after a few years. What is your typical income as an agent and do you work for an agency or not?

also on a side question- has anyone tried those insurance quoting websites before? like quotit and do those work as far as making income?

I'm just wondering how much the agents here or anywhere usually make in a year- or every month- maybe starting off or after a few years. What is your typical income as an agent and do you work for an agency or not? also on a side question- has anyone tried those insurance quoting websites before? like quotit and do those work as far as making income?
http://youtu.be/l91ISfcuzDw

I'm just wondering how much the agents here or anywhere usually make in a year- or every month- maybe starting off or after a few years. What is your typical income as an agent and do you work for an agency or not?

also on a side question- has anyone tried those insurance quoting websites before? like quotit and do those work as far as making income?

You're likely not going to get agents to post their income here. The agents who have been at it a while and have a niche, are likely making good money (and that's a relative term).

Someone posted a range of averages. And that's what they are, averages. I know several agents who exceed those ranges and I know several who fit right into those averages. Insurance is a rewarding career for those who can build a clientele and get referrals. It can also be a terrible option for those who aren't built to be in this business. And yes, it takes a certain type of person to make it in the insurance business.

Annual income ranges are as low as $173 (Senior Advisor Indiana) to as high as $1.7 million (SMAN).

Most of us are somewhere in between.

Rick

Annual income ranges are as low as $173 (Senior Advisor Indiana) to as high as $1.7 million (SMAN).

Most of us are somewhere in between.

Rick

I hope that's a prophetic statement. I'm not at $1.7 million....yet.

It depends some on what type of business you do. Higher renewals usually mean lower first year comp. I would guess most agents make between $20,000 to $50,000 their first year. However, if you do not prospect consistently, you could easily make much less than $20,000. If you are busting you butt and in the right lines (life insurance), some clear $100,000 their first year. That is by far the exception, not the rule.

If you lay the ground work properly in the first 10 years, you should easily be over $100,000 net income, it could be substantially more, many I know are in the $150,000 to $300,000 range. In my small office, a few guys are doing over $500,000+ per year. An older agent I worked with was over $1,000,000.

The first mark most of us shot for was to cover our bills. The second mark seems to be $100,000. How long it takes to get there is really on you. I would say most probably get there within 3 to 10 years. It really depends on you.

It depends some on what type of business you do. Higher renewals usually mean lower first year comp. I would guess most agents make between $20,000 to $50,000 their first year. However, if you do not prospect consistently, you could easily make much less than $20,000. If you are busting you butt and in the right lines (life insurance), some clear $100,000 their first year. That is by far the exception, not the rule.

If you lay the ground work properly in the first 10 years, you should easily be over $100,000 net income, it could be substantially more, many I know are in the $150,000 to $300,000 range. In my small office, a few guys are doing over $500,000+ per year. An older agent I worked with was over $1,000,000.

The first mark most of us shot for was to cover our bills. The second mark seems to be $100,000. How long it takes to get there is really on you. I would say most probably get there within 3 to 10 years. It really depends on you.

Yes, it depends on how much $$ you have to start as well. Some of the "fair" haired guys around town inherited large multi line agencies, or their Fathers bought them a thriving business, etc. They are going on road trips and passing out Scholarships after a couple of years.

Back