How much does a Florida licensed producer make w/ State Farm?

I've worked for a direct writer as a licensed producer years ago. (auto, home, umbrella).

I stepped out of industry and worked in other fields.

I recently earned a FL 20-44 (I used to have a 220, but I got the shorter 20-44 personal lines license).

I can get the 220 Property & Casualty license in a year after working.

I need to have the 20-44 appointed to work.

Since I need to forecast my bills on my own, how much "on average" does a State Farm agent who works for an agency owner make?

I need a minimum of $3000 per month to live in order to pay for housing, health insurance, graduate school loan, car, and all other basic needs.

A low base with "commission" means I can only budget off of my base income since that would be guaranteed. I'm fiscally conservative so I can't assume a commission amount when I notify my student loan lender, that "this is my pay, set up my income base repayment plan based on this income amount."

Oh and I have over 5 yrs in personal lines, 2 yrs in claims, and banking experience.

If I interview with an agent, can I tell them what my min income earning needs are or do they tell me what they can afford to pay?

How do you forecast your bills (base only) or (base plus unknown commission).

My apartment requires me to show 3 times the monthly rent as proof of income.

How much an agent pays you will depend on so many things and it is up to each and every individual person. And it will also be based on your experience, your hard work, and your ability to close.

The more successful an agent is, the more they can pay you. The newer the agent and the less client he/she has, the less they will pay you. Too many factors to decide how much you are going to get paid.

How much an agent pays you will depend on so many things and it is up to each and every individual person. And it will also be based on your experience, your hard work, and your ability to close.

The more successful an agent is, the more they can pay you. The newer the agent and the less client he/she has, the less they will pay you. Too many factors to decide how much you are going to get paid.

I started with State Farm, and I can tell you Mike007 nailed it. The short answer is there is no clear answer. The long answer was made by Mike007.

Back