How Much Does a Life Insurance Agent Pocket?

retards...nobody know how difficult it is to close a life sale, the true aquistion costs of making ONE sale, or that the failure rate in this business is like 95 out of 100, or that 9 out of 10 life sales the sales cycle from call to commission is like 6 months or more, its nobodies business how much freakin money we make or dont make, let somebody try to make a living just selling life insurance, good luck, let them try it..

dude....I know peeps who do it.......it is a tough road.....they are all face to face.....internet life has not come around yet...but it will...I NEED CALL IN APPLICATIONS........

Has anyone ever looked at how much the potential consumer can get compared to what they pay in potential premiums?? Buy a term plan or any plan for that matter walk out the door, hello bus..Client paid this and beneficiary gets this.. :nah:

Its comical that they define our commisions as income. This writer has no clue, as do most people from the outside looking in. Our commissions are what they are because this is the MARKETING cost to the insurance company.

Thats kinda like comparing the difference that Nike pays to make a shoe to what it sells for and calling the difference income. There is a LOT going on between manufacturing and getting someone to pay $100+ for a pair of sneakers.

As you know, there are plenty of costs (time & money & education) that go into generating that commission. This writer thinks we sit around an office all day answering the phone and writing up policies from all the people beating down our door, though.

They also believe whole life is the devil and term is the way to go. Its our job to cut through the BS.

--retards...nobody know how difficult it is to close a life sale, the true aquistion costs of making ONE sale, or that the failure rate in this business is like 95 out of 100, or that 9 out of 10 life sales the sales cycle from call to commission is like 6 months or more, its nobodies business how much freakin money we make or dont make, let somebody try to make a living just selling life insurance, good luck, let them try it..--

Funny, I had a telemarketer ask for part of my commission, and I pretty much told him the same thing last week- Knock yourself out!

"It's the last financial industry where compensation is not fully disclosed,"

Hmmm....I don't remember Best Buy disclosing there profit margin on my last receipt....or the salary of the sales person that helped me....must the the only OTHER industry that does not disclose.

Did you guys notice how the author talked about Term, WL, UL, and blended policies almost interchangeably. Almost like it didn't matter.

It's good solid reporting like this that increases the ignorance of our population. Thanks Fox.

I understand that the profit margin in the clothing business is obscene. I believe that Old Navy should be force to disclose what they make on their clothing sales.

Is it just me--because I'm a bit tired at the moment and didn't sleep as much as I usually do last night--or did the writing in this piece start out ok, and get really bad in the middle? I found myself completely confused on what exactly the author was talking about. And if I'm confused, how the hell does a consumer keep things straight?

This again, is one of those pieces that are written to incite certain sentiments where juxtaposition is used and just enough if said to get the reader to draw their own--frequently incorrect--conclusions. Fox is somewhat famous for this (and no I'm not a bleeding heart so don't even go there).

The truth though, insurance agents are the only ones who really care about these sorts of articles. And maybe the people who were never going to be our clients anyway. So who cares? Next topic, please.

I understand that the profit margin in the clothing business is obscene. I believe that Old Navy should be force to disclose what they make on their clothing sales.

My fiancee does purchasing for an international designer clothing retail outfit (one of the ones named after their male founder) and you wouldn't believe the level of markup on some of that stuff... Makes Best Buys margins look pitiful.

My fiancee does purchasing for an international designer clothing retail outfit (one of the ones named after their male founder) and you wouldn't believe the level of markup on some of that stuff... Makes Best Buys margins look pitiful.

Designer clothes and soft drinks are the greatest marketing exploits ever. What people will for clothes with the right name, or for sugar water is crazy.

Maybe Obama should regulate the designer fashion industry and sugar water market with a government "exchange" because that market just isn't fair...They are ripping off the American consumer just like the health insuranace industry...

Back