How Much is a Converted Medicare Advantage Lead Worth?

bigeats

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I only sell Med Supps... but I come across opportunities with folks who are good candidates for MA plans - which I don't want to sell.

I was thinking about finding someone who could take these referrals - convert them - then pay me a generous referral fee. I know I would love to find someone who could feed me qualified leads that I only had to pay for when I actually SOLD them something.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'm generating leads in Georgia.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'll start the bidding at $50.

I know I wouldn't have a problem with paying $50 for a converted lead.

I'm thinking maybe the devil is in the tracking...

Perhaps the question should be "how much IS an exclusive qualified lead worth?"

Last edited:
Converted lead = commission split = no can do unless you're contracted with the carrier.

Another point of consideration: They have to literally ask about MA and sign a permission slip. If you're bringing it up, it's illegal, and with the witch hunt going as well as it is, that's not a risk I'd take over a few hundred bucks, no matter how good the lead is.

Why not get licensed and just sell them yourselves?

Do MA's require you be licensed with the carrier for commission splits? Usually you just have to have an insurance license (for the same line of insurance), no need to be contracted with the carrier at all.

Is it really different? Or is GA different?

The fact that you can't really pass on a referral for an MA is a bigger issue. What would I do with it? Call them? Nope, can't. Send them a letter? It would get buried in all the other letters. They would have to call me. Might work.

Dan

Converted lead = commission split = no can do unless you're contracted with the carrier.

Another point of consideration: They have to literally ask about MA and sign a permission slip. If you're bringing it up, it's illegal, and with the witch hunt going as well as it is, that's not a risk I'd take over a few hundred bucks, no matter how good the lead is.

Why not get licensed and just sell them yourselves?

And there we are getting to part of the reason I'm not so keen on selling them...

So how would I take a prospect who is obviously wanting (or needing) an MA plan and refer them out?

So how would I take a prospect who is obviously wanting (or needing) an MA plan and refer them out?

Is it CMS-cool to have the MA-wanter call the MA-giver?

Here, Mr. Man, call this guy and he can hook you up."

Just a WAG...

And there we are getting to part of the reason I'm not so keen on selling them...

Two different situations. If they obviously need it, but don't ask, you can't do jack. You have to wait for them to ask. Now, if they're saying their Med supp is too expensive and then they ask if there are any other options, sure, you can get into it, but you have to have them sign the permission slip (scope of appointment form) and there has to be 48 hours between that signature and the next appointment.

If you're not trying to make any money off the deal (which might be the cleaner way to go) then you could just give out the number of the agent you're referring it to like Fisher suggested, but you're going to have problems if you do anything else. Especially on the commission split side of things if you try to pull that off.

Honestly, I think you should man up and get contracted with MA carriers and start reping the product yourself. You might as well learn the regs and get paid the full commission.

Back