How Much Mail Should the Average FE Agent Be Dropping?

AtlantaLife&Health

Guru
100+ Post Club
They say you need 12-15 appointments each week. Is 20 lead cards per week enough? How many are you contacting out of 20? How many are you getting in to see by knocking on doors? I know the pros can get by on 20 lead cards per week. I'm talking about guys that are far less experienced. How would you do it if you were starting your own mail campaign?

Last edited:
They say you need 12-15 appointments each week. Is 20 per week enough? How many are you contacting out of 20? How many are you getting in to see by knocking on doors? I know the pros can get by on 20 per week. I'm talking about guys that are far less experienced. How would you do it if you were starting your own mail campaign?

I'm very unscientific on my record keeping. But I would say a new agent with an idea of how to work FE should sell a minimum of 5 sales from 20 lead cards. You should get at least one additional sale from the referals. I personally call the beneficiaries (or secondary bennies if the spouse is primary) and I often hit good streaks of sales from that (probably one sale from every eight calls if I had to guess.)
Start small and keep improving your technique.

No such thing really as an average.

Each person has to know their own numbers and skill level. First is the goal. How much ap do you want/need to write each week? For me, that figure is $3000.

How many appointments do you need each week to make that number? For me, it's 8-10.

How many leads do you need to get that many appointments? For me, it's 15.

How do you get that many leads? For me, I buy them from a lead vendor, EFES. If I wasn't doing that I would have to do my own mailers. In this area a .07% return is pretty good, so I would have to mail out 2000 mailers per week.

The numbers will be different for almost everyone, but that's how you have to figure it.

Back