How Much Per Wk Should I Spend on Leads...

summerof18

Guru
100+ Post Club
I will be focusing on Medicare and FE. How much should I be spending per week on either direct mail, internet leads, etc to succeed.
What did you all spend starting out in your career?

It's up to you on how much you want to spend on leads or marketing. If your a new agent, you will probably have to commit 2500-3000 a month to produce a nice steady flow of leads.

It's up to you on how much you want to spend on leads or marketing. If your a new agent, you will probably have to commit 2500-3000 a month to produce a nice steady flow of leads.

You could hire 2 or 3 telemarketers for that and have better control and get more leads.

You could hire 2 or 3 telemarketers for that and have better control and get more leads.

Hard to hire good, part time telemarketers IMO. $3000 month = $36,000 a year. Divide by 2 people = $18,000 year or $8.65/hour. Divide by 3 people = $12,000 year or $5.76 hour...below minimum wage. So me personally, I don't think it is that "Easy" to hire 2-3 telemarketers & get better results.

If my agency, I'd buy the leads & hire trained, licensed agents to work the leads. We have agents doing this & knocking the ball out of the park in many states. Processes & trained staff = Results $$$$.

Summer...I would not buy leads if you are fairly new (no offense leads sellers..I'm one of you!).

Speak to some experienced reps in non-competitive states and you'll get some great ideas. Heck, they might tell you to buy leads.

While hiring two or three telemarketers may be something one might aspire to, someone just starting out, as the OP described, probably doesn't have the money or the eye for talent yet to hire people right out of the gate. If no training is needed DM might be an option. I got my start cold calling FE and T65 to "drop off some information" while "in your area next Tuesday" as a clueless captive. Barely survived, but did, then DM once I knew more how it works.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Summer...I would not buy leads if you are fairly new (no offense leads sellers..I'm one of you!).

Speak to some experienced reps in non-competitive states and you'll get some great ideas. Heck, they might tell you to buy leads.

Chumps, I'm going to respectively disagree to a degree as it depends on his prior sales experience/expertise. I've personally built a start up agency using leads & know of many others that have also. One caveat: You've got to know how to work them or you'll throw a lot of $$ away fast.

So, if one does not have that experience, then do as Chumps says, talk to some experienced reps to learn what to do. [as he says, not in your area as they'll more likely help a newbie that way vs someone in your market competing against you.]

Also, I'll go out on a limb here. I've developed a new webinar that I'm planning for the end of this month, a "beta" so to speak so hadn't planned on inviting the whole universe of Forum agents:1cute:...but if you'll email/call me, I'll add you to the invite so you can get my perspective if you'd like for free!

Back