How Much?

Brandon242424

How much money can one expect to make selling FE (1-3 years). I know this is a tougher question due to agent experience and effort, but what would you guys say in general? i.e a realistic expectation.

A realistic expectation is that you will likely not make it. I encourage you to start at a captive shop first, before even thinking about going independent.

Unfortunately he's right. 90% of agents fail out. Reasons? Low comp, old/bad leads, lack of training etc.

Biggest reason: Agents are LAZY!

Nothing beats good ole fashioned hard work. Pick a group that offers high comp, affordable high quality fresh/exclusive leads and a mentoring platform. Then replicate their system and go to work.

Then you can make six figures year 1. OR be lazy, buy leads haphazardly, reinvent the wheel and you'll make $27,000, if you're lucky. You'll most likely just fail out.

I've found there are two types of agents in the world. Hard working, driven entrepreneurs AND people that can't have a boss so they decide to start an insurance business.

You know yourself. Which one are you?

How much money can one expect to make selling FE (1-3 years). I know this is a tougher question due to agent experience and effort, but what would you guys say in general? i.e a realistic expectation.

It’s extra tough in New York because most companies choose to not do business in New York due to the extra restrictive rules there. Plus the commissions can be reduced there.

In the other states most FE agents will make more money than they have made with any other job they have had. And then it goes up each year. But some will fail out. Not as many fail out as the doom-sayers lead you to believe. As long as you start with good commission levels, training and lead programs then you have the exact same opportunity as guys making six-figures and multiple six-figures.

But New York? I have no idea. I refer New York agents to Todd King.

Some bad advice is coming through on this thread...

Number one... New York agents dont have to take a reduced comp. There are a number of New York agents who do well selling final expense over the phone in other states.

Number two... commission levels have very little to do with a new agents success. I firmly believe that new agents should start at a captive shop first (take a reduced commission for free leads) and learn the ropes.

Number three... following a proven system trumps everything else. Its more important than leads, commissions, or training. Now, those three things are part of a system, but successful agents follow a proven system.

I understand that this these views are unpopular on this forum, because all the marketers here sell leads to independent agents. Thats not a bad thing, and alot of independent agents make alot of money. However, alot of those independent agents started off with "free leads" to get into the industry.

Some bad advice is coming through on this thread...

Number one... New York agents dont have to take a reduced comp. There are a number of New York agents who do well selling final expense over the phone in other states.

Number two... commission levels have very little to do with a new agents success. I firmly believe that new agents should start at a captive shop first (take a reduced commission for free leads) and learn the ropes.

Number three... following a proven system trumps everything else. Its more important than leads, commissions, or training. Now, those three things are part of a system, but successful agents follow a proven system.

I understand that this these views are unpopular on this forum, because all the marketers here sell leads to independent agents. Thats not a bad thing, and alot of independent agents make alot of money. However, alot of those independent agents started off with "free leads" to get into the industry.

While I might agree with you on this particular agent going captive, it shouldn't be a steadfast rule. I mean, you don't know anything about this agent and his experience. He might do just fine without being captive. That's something that should be examined before we make a blanket statement.

Back