How NOT to Pass Your CA P&C Exam

fla2cali

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I recently took my CA p&C exam. I did pass, but barely.

How I studied:
  • Didn't read the online material almost at all
  • Only answered the quiz questions and looked up everything I didn't know (which was everything)
  • Don't take advantage of the audio tutorials, or the video tutorials.
  • Go over the practice exam quetions only once. Then just look at the ones you missed.
  • Don't give yourself enough time to truly internalize the material. I gave myself almost...almost 2 weeks to study.
  • Lastly, take your exam, and cross your fingers.

To say the least, I don't recommend doing it this way. I'm glad I passed, but I was pretty stressed out. I wish I concentrated more on Commercial, and everything that's entailed. Those were the hardest questions.

I'm actually going to go back look over some of the material.

Why did I do it this way? Because I'm starting with a new company, and training starts in October. I had to get this done fast, but I wish I had more time. I'm just happy I passed.

f2c

I just passed today! Barely too. How great that you have training starting up! The lady at the testing place today told me a lawyer had taken the test and said it was harder for him than taking the bar exam :nah:

Congratulations!

I also have been doing Bar Exam Prep and trust me it’s truly hard to find right material for studies. I have found some online courses however, not sure if those are useful. Have given couple of them and felt good.

Back