How Often Do You Experienced Life Isurance Agents Issue Policies?

I just got my Life Agent license here in Texas and I've got an application pending for my P&C license aswell.

I've had my license for about a month. I work for National Agent Alliance(and hate it) and I've bought 22 leads. Of those, some direct mail, some Telemarketing leads, I've only written 1 policy and I'm not sure if the commissions will even cover the cost of all the leads I bought:mad:

It seemed pretty easy to quote and write up my client when I got there but my question is, What else is out there? I've heard a lot of lead sites are hit and miss but 22 and 1? netquote? insurance leads? door to door? what has proven to work?

NAA, where should I go? they're only giving me 55% commisions for my policies until I "recruit" someone. From there it increases by 5%, assuming they even write policies.

Also whats the average success ratio you other life agents are getting as far as leads bought vs policies written? maybe i'm just doing things wrong but idk.

Re: How Often Do You Experienced Life Isurance Agents Issue Polic

Leads are only going to work well if you know what you're doing and are trained. If you're just starting out and don't want to cold call, etc., you can buy aged leads for around $1.50 a piece to practice on. If you're paying more than that as a newbie, you're probably wasting your money.

Also, did it not raise a red flag when they told you your compensation would go up if you recruit someone?

you are getting hosed at 55%.
feels that way. trying to escape their evil money bagging clutches. i have always hated the idea of MLMs but i honestly didn't even know that's what it was until i got fully contracted and appointed.:mad:

Where else can i turn that's less... scammy?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, did it not raise a red flag when they told you your compensation would go up if you recruit someone?

it did but that the person that helped me enroll withheld a lot of info during the app process. i honestly thought 55% was a lot until i started seeing ads on craigslist offering 100 to 125%. are there any legitimate agencies offering up that much commission that doesn't push you to recruit and actually train you on what to do?

of the 22 leads i haven't bought a single one for less than 2 dollars. All of them have been from April and older. I had one that was dated back to september of 09. do ANY companies offer day old, if not week old leads? i don't think month old leads are gonna work well at all.

Last edited:

Give Broker's Alliance a call. Maybe their products can help your cause. As far as leads, I'm going to the route of not purchasing leads and generating leads via personal marketing and networking. Maybe slow at first, but I think the relationship will be much greater than a purchased lead.

Give Broker's Alliance a call.
I see their ad spots on this site but didn't think they were legit. I'll be sure to do so.

I mean is 50k a practical income goal for this year? Because they really emphasised the fact that so and so made 150k his first year and jane smith her first year cleared 120k starting out.

Selling to friends and family is great way to NOT get invited to the 4th of July cookout, and don't expect an invite to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner either.

Give Broker's Alliance a call. Maybe their products can help your cause. As far as leads, I'm going to the route of not purchasing leads and generating leads via personal marketing and networking. Maybe slow at first, but I think the relationship will be much greater than a purchased lead.

I mean is 50k a practical income goal for this year? Because they really emphasised the fact that so and so made 150k his first year and jane smith her first year cleared 120k starting out.

Yea.....NAA is full of so and so's.......if you really want to be a life agent you are going to have to be a health agent....even though the commish sucks now but is a good lead in for life...develop a flyer and go B TO B and start picking buss cards of the owners.....paste them in a note book and start calling and make notes in the notebook next to the card....

oh i wouldn't dare give my sales pitch to my friends and family. i know far too many good cooks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was actually thinking of targetting church bulletin boards as evil as that sounds. I mean look at how many people really believed the rapture upon us. Of all people i think church goers believe the fact that no one is promised tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back