How soon can you sign up for Part B before retirement?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I am almost positive I have done these 3 months before, I am sure I have done them 2 months before

I had a client I am signing for MA, I sent her to sign up for part B 3 months before retirement and they told her they were going to hold her app till Nov 30th for a Jan 1 effective date,

I am sure that is not right, I have been trying to look up online but all I am finding is 8 month period that starts, After the loss of group, and General election late enrollment Info

I am almost positive I have done these 3 months before, I am sure I have done them 2 months before

I had a client I am signing for MA, I sent her to sign up for part B 3 months before retirement and they told her they were going to hold her app till Nov 30th for a Jan 1 effective date,

I am sure that is not right, I have been trying to look up online but all I am finding is 8 month period that starts, After the loss of group, and General election late enrollment Info
SEP starts two months prior. No reason they should need to hold it until one month prior. I've had clients who took their Part B app and RFEI more than two months prior and were told to come back when within two months of the requested effective date, but never had one have any problem or delay if they went in two months prior.

SEP starts two months prior. No reason they should need to hold it until one month prior. I've had clients who took their Part B app and RFEI more than two months prior and were told to come back when within two months of the requested effective date, but never had one have any problem or delay if they went in two months prior.

Ok that makes sense

Did the person also recently turn 65 and are still within that window? Seems like Rule B-1 is applying here. SSA - POMS: HI 00805.275 - Special Enrollment Period (SEP) Enrollments - 04/18/2012

Back