How to become a licensed agency?

Twynn

How do I get licensed as an agency in AL? I have an LLC but not sure of the next step. Please advise.

I have created my LLC and have a Tax ID # but that’s it. Someone mentioned a fee of a couple hundred to become licensed as an agency in AL vs being licensed as an Independent Producer but didn’t give me the details on how to complete the process. Are you familiar with the next step which I believe would need to be completed prior to registering as an agency on NIPR?

Congrats and good luck on your endeavor!
The process for establishing an agency in Alabama is much the same as acquiring a producer's license.
Initial agency licensing fees are $130, and renewal licensing is $100 every two years.Application is made at www.nipr.com.
Also, in order to register your agency as a producer, the agency must be registered with the secretary of state (www.sos.state.al.us) as a licensed entity. I do not remember those fees offhand.
For more info, go to aldoi.gov. On the Producers/Agent tab click "more topics", and an additional box will open. In this box, click on "Producer Licensing (Business entities)".
Again, best wishes! I hope I have helped you in some way!

Back