How to Become a LM Agency?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone have any info on becoming an LM agency in the northeast region?

Or you can be a broker and use prud home and auto?

anyone have experience on use LM home and auto?

LM for the ind agent is Safeco insurance. You need to contact your regional rep and talk to them about getting appointed with Safeco.

Are you a new agent or what is your back round?

I am with LM in the northeast area.

LM is very competitive in the home & auto market, especially with their target market.

Feel free to pm with any specific questions

i am a independent agent, but i want to start an agency. i was wondering if i could start a LM or ALLSTATE etc... but LM is very competitive in my area.

I want to be a captive agency with them. But wonder it be brokered out. I think safeco is not writing the same ho and auto packages LM is writing.

i couldnt find any link on their website to find a contact i can talk to, for starting one.

i read that prudential life writes auto and home through them, but i dont know if you need to be a career agent with them or a broker is ok.

i am a independent agent, but i want to start an agency. i was wondering if i could start a LM or ALLSTATE etc...

I would do a lot of research about Allstate before thinking too seriously about becoming captive with them. In my state they are the least competitive of the captives (at least of the customers I meet), of course could be different in your area.

Check them out on the forum, you'll find tons of info about them.

Depending on your experience, going indy on the p&c side is a tougher road to go. You should look at the clusters.

so far all the clusters i've looked in my area does not have a home + auto package. im trying to focus on personal lines, and i feel captive is the best market for personal lines

What area are you in and what clusters have you looked at that don't have home + auto packages? The majority of the companies offered by the cluster, including Safeco, will offer home + auto packages.

What is unique about the LM packages that you are looking for?

I would do a lot of research about Allstate before thinking too seriously about becoming captive with them. In my state they are the least competitive of the captives (at least of the customers I meet), of course could be different in your area.

Check them out on the forum, you'll find tons of info about them.

Listen to dubya4472 he gives good advice.

Back