How to become an independent licensed insurance agent????work from home?????

I don't know if it is allowed in NC but you may be able to get licensed first and then find a starting place. Here's something to remember especially starting out. No one is going to tell you everything you need to know.

You will learn the good, bad, and middle from experience. As for starting part-time it is possible but understand no matter what anyone may say if you mention certain companies or organization you have to do what's in your best interest..

There are many agents who have started out part-time and have gone on to do big things and then there are many who found out the industry wasn't for them and moved on..

Oh yea..Read your contract before you sign and ask questions if you have any.

I am wanting to become a licensed insurance agent in the state of NC . I am wanting to do this while working from home since i homeschool my daughter.
I do have marketing ,customer service, advertising skills . Anyone know where to start or any companies that are work from home to help assist with this??? TIA

This is definitely not an easy industry to break into without a solid support structure/mentor. There are a million laws, rules, regulations, etc. You're basically learning how to become a specialized lawyer, accountant, salesperson, and psychologist, all in one. Sounds easy? If you said "no," you would be correct. That's why 99% of new agents don't make it past the first year.

That's not to say it can't be done, of course, but with the responsibilities you have, and only trying to work part-time, you're gonna end up ripping your hair out of your head, and chucking your insurance books out the window. You also need to have the comfort to not make a lot of money for at least 1.5 - 2 years.

You need to have TONS of time to constantly study, a solid support structure (so that you can always ask them questions), etc. I had tons of time, a solid mentor/support structure, and the ability to NOT make a ton of money the first few years, and it was still extremely difficult.

Given your current situation, I think a part-time sales/recruitment position might work better for you.

Back