How to cancell a life policy from state farm

lermanetor

I have a client that just apply to state farm they where approvedand they pay annual but they need to cancel the policy never was delivered they are in Texas and they have 30 days free look they call the agent and is not yet cancel the policy they call Satate Farm and they don't give the fax number they said call your agent this is my first time in this forum can you help me thank you

I have a client that just apply to state farm they where approvedand they pay annual but they need to cancel the policy never was delivered they are in Texas and they have 30 days free look they call the agent and is not yet cancel the policy they call Satate Farm and they don't give the fax number they said call your agent this is my first time in this forum can you help me thank you

go straight to the company that issued the policy......

State Farm is tough. They will always refer you to the selling agent. And that agent will be very unhelpful at canceling anything.

Have the insured send a certified cancelation letter to both the agent and State Farm's main physical address. Make them sign for the letter. Make it very clear to cancel as of this date and exercising their free look provision because they have not received their policy yet. My decision is final. Do not delay refunding my premium to me. Etc.

Go to State Farm. When they refer you to the agent tell them either they can help you cancel the policy or you'll let the DOI help them help you cancel the policy.

I am Hispanic agent I never went to a school in the USA thank you

Don't sweat it. They were just teasing. I get worse when Mexicans hear my Pocho Spanish and that is in America. You just need to re read your post before posting. I was born here and mine are not much better.

As most of the other guys said. They will try to send her back to the agent. What I do is once we have SF on the phone I have the owner give them permission to speak to me. I Let them know that they are free looking the policy and to please note the file with the date and time of the call as we are doing the same. I ask for the fax number to new business so that we can send a notice that we are free looking. I am friendly, but firm. If they hold tough I repeat that they need to note the file and ask for a supervisor.

If you still need to call the agent. As soon as the CSR answers ask them for the agents email and fax address. That way you have it before you speak to him. Just tell him what is going to happen. Then follow up with email and fax notification.

Also, if they have not delivered the policy the 30 days probably has not started. That may be state specific.

It is really not that big of a deal. You just need to be pleasant and firm. If you are replacing I hope you are submitting replacement paperwork.

¡Cálmate!

Don't sweat it. They were just teasing. I get worse when Mexicans hear my Pocho Spanish and that is in America. You just need to re read your post before posting. I was born here and mine are not much better.

As most of the other guys said. They will try to send her back to the agent. What I do is once we have SF on the phone I have the owner give them permission to speak to me. I Let them know that they are free looking the policy and to please note the file with the date and time of the call as we are doing the same. I ask for the fax number to new business so that we can send a notice that we are free looking. I am friendly, but firm. If they hold tough I repeat that they need to note the file and ask for a supervisor.

If you still need to call the agent. As soon as the CSR answers ask them for the agents email and fax address. That way you have it before you speak to him. Just tell him what is going to happen. Then follow up with email and fax notification.

Also, if they have not delivered the policy the 30 days probably has not started. That may be state specific.

It is really not that big of a deal. You just need to be pleasant and firm. If you are replacing I hope you are submitting replacement paperwork.

¡Cálmate!

thank you and is ok the problem is I reed my letter 5 times and to me is ok lol and I never was offended you know in 2005 I past my first English exam and was the Life insurance exam and I am very proud to serve my people.Is hard to cancel this policy I just got the fax number and the policy numbers and they are gone do the cancelation thank you and YA ME CALME

Back