How to Curb Impatience?

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
How do I curb the impatience of filling out an app? Obviously it stems from no business coming in, so any prospect mildly interested gets chased hard. Which turns them off.

Example: did door knocking today. Was invited in the house and ran a quote. They liked the quote but didn't have money to buy it right then,
So told me to come back next week at a certain date to fill out the app. I went back to door knocking and decided to hit these folks again to try to get the app done and send it through underwriting, instead of waiting a week. So I knock on the door again and suggest filling out the app before I leave the area to speed up the process and the lady says "ummmm, we are actually about to leave now to go somewhere. Let's stay with the appointment for next week".

She was obviously turned off.

Easy, write business. :biggrin:

You're just going to have to relax and forget how much or how little is in the bank account while you are out in the field. I realize it is easier said than done, but that is what you are going to have to do.

And make sure you know your carriers process regarding when payment is needed. Could you have set an effective date for next month and had premiums due then?

were you suggesting or do you think they were presuming a check for first premium would be due time of app?

Back