How to Deal with Certain Kinds..

how do you fire a customer? when i try to do this, thats when they call my company or the insurance company and file a complaint? I even tell them that either I'm not their agent any longer, or someone else can assist them, or I can find another agent to assist them..it gets scary out there

I got rid of a medicare customer before by telling them I could not solve their problem and my dear friend a more knowledgeable agent would call them. I basically gave the customer to the meanest, rudest agent I knew, guy looked like a used car salesman, cussed like a sailor in front of clients, always angry and in a bad mood(just like my customer)I never heard from the customer again and the agent put her in her place and did not care since he was nearing retirement and had a large book already.

I got rid of a medicare customer before by telling them I could not solve their problem and my dear friend a more knowledgeable agent would call them. I basically gave the customer to the meanest, rudest agent I knew, guy looked like a used car salesman, cussed like a sailor in front of clients, always angry and in a bad mood(just like my customer)I never heard from the customer again and the agent put her in her place and did not care since he was nearing retirement and had a large book already.

There's the key right there. Sometimes you just have to NOT care and put people in their place. Hey, they deserved it... and what's to lose but the client? You don't necessarily want to keep that client anyway, so you have nothing to lose except all the frustrations that you have today.

Client calls the insurance company? Show them your documentation.

Client calls the DOI? Show them your documentation.

It's very rare, but sometimes you have to FIRE the client. Now, if at all possible, try to avoid taking them on in the first place. However, if they become completely unreasonable... hey, life is short. Let them go and go get a new one.

Back