How to determine non resident appointments through captive agency

AliciaKW7

So I work for a large insurance company and have multiple auto insurance licenses. When we initially went through training we received 17 different state appointments. My question is, how is it determined for each individual agency what order they will apply for their agents non resident licenses? Is it just based on high volume states? Or is it a nationwide/across company platforms generic process? If so, how can I determine what states I will be able to obtain in the future? And for reference I live in Virginia!

Depends on the carrier. Some only allow for states that your resident license touches. Can you master the knowledge necessary for the nuances of multiple states? More than 4-5 can be a real pain and the door for your first E&O gets cracked open as your license appointments start to stack up

I think I can handle it. We initially get 17 states so I am licensed in 17 already. And they are all over the US so I'm really just curious if they determine appointing the nonresident licenses based on the volume of our members in each state. But I can't find any statistics to support the theory!

Back