How to Do Compliant Business Cards

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Just ordering new cards, some may be left at a store kiosk for MAPD/supps/under 65 health insurance. For now, my online portal only does non-Medicare related health quotes. I show the online quote/app URL for non Medicare insurance.

How can I indicate that I sell Medicare related insurance without violating the ad rules from CMS for MAPD solicitation?
One of our local agencies has a marquee sign outside: "We sell Medicare Supplements". Maybe just mention supplements?

Help is appreciated!

Just ordering new cards, some may be left at a store kiosk for MAPD/supps/under 65 health insurance. For now, my online portal only does non-Medicare related health quotes. I show the online quote/app URL for non Medicare insurance.

How can I indicate that I sell Medicare related insurance without violating the ad rules from CMS for MAPD solicitation?
One of our local agencies has a marquee sign outside: "We sell Medicare Supplements". Maybe just mention supplements?

Help is appreciated!

Yeah I would just say Medicare supplements. Seniors for the most part will associate MA with med supp.

Last edited:
Why not put advantage plans and pdp's on there too? I do, it's not a violation to list products you offer.

Agreed but what if u door knock for FE and that's on your card? Our DOI cracked down on an agent I know personally for something like that. Don't recall the exact details but something along those lines got him in trouble and ended up paying a fine.

Agreed but what if u door knock for FE and that's on your card? Our DOI cracked down on an agent I know personally for something like that. Don't recall the exact details but something along those lines got him in trouble and ended up paying a fine.

Maybe he was a shady agent? I have had no problems and I have went through a few thousand cards.

Maybe he was a shady agent? I have had no problems and I have went through a few thousand cards.

He isn't shady. If u have no problems great. I just don't know how or who I am going to maket to from time to time. I really doubt having all the products u sell on your bus card would lead to sale. Most of the cards I hand out are magnet cards with my general info, web site and says medicare supplements, life insurance. My cards are used for credibility and referrals, not prospecting.

He isn't shady. If u have no problems great. I just don't know how or who I am going to maket to from time to time. I really doubt having all the products u sell on your bus card would lead to sale. Most of the cards I hand out are magnet cards with my general info, web site and says medicare supplements, life insurance. My cards are used for credibility and referrals, not prospecting.

Isn't credibility part of prospecting which would make your card a prospecting tool? I have recieved a few sales from having the products I sell listed on my cards, not many but it doesn't hurt. I always know who I am targeting so my card doesn't change. I don't sell many MA's or pdp's but I make sure my clients know I offer them.

Back