How to Explain USHealth Advisors is Bad

xp350

My father got the premier plan, which just seems to be a sickness and accident plan and not health insurance, from UShealth Advisors. Going through the internet and the post that had like 37 pages, i can tell that this company is not worth it and will just cause many troubles in the long run. I raised the issue with my dad that this does not meet the minimum coverage required by the ACA and he may be forced to pay a penalty, however there seems to be much more than just that problem. How do I explain to my dad that he should switch insurance companies. What is wrong with it specifically? The other thread ->

insurance-forums.net/forum/individual-health-insurance-forum/anyone-heard-ushealth-advisors-t33531-2.html

didn't have many specifics; maybe it did but it was a big mess.

My father got the premier plan, which just seems to be a sickness and accident plan and not health insurance, from UShealth Advisors. Going through the internet and the post that had like 37 pages, i can tell that this company is not worth it and will just cause many troubles in the long run. I raised the issue with my dad that this does not meet the minimum coverage required by the ACA and he may be forced to pay a penalty, however there seems to be much more than just that problem. How do I explain to my dad that he should switch insurance companies. What is wrong with it specifically? The other thread ->

insurance-forums.net/forum/individual-health-insurance-forum/anyone-heard-ushealth-advisors-t33531-2.html

Yes...your dad will have to pay a penalty.....

1. Call the agent who sold it to him, and ask for the brochure.
2. on the brochure, you will see disclaimers that it is not ACA compliant (= penalty).
3. If subject to penalty, it is not a major medical insurance plan that covers pre-existing conditions.
4. Call the insurance company and confirm the above and ask:

What is the out of pocket maximum? Should be $6700 or less if compliant. They won't be able to provide you an answer.

If push back, Provide an example where you are in the hospital for 100 days for any given situation like an intestinal infection, or some other non cancer/heart/or accident condition.

Ask if it covers Rx drugs at all ( like Humira at $2500/mo)
Ask if they will cover the 100 doctor visits during the year.

If you don't get SPECIFIC answers, you know what to do next.
Problem is, you can't buy a compliant plan until next year (1/1/17 eff date)
You may want to buy a short term major medical plan for the interim (also non compliant, and does not cover pre-existing conditions), but at least it will cover all these items above if something unknown in the future occurs.

If the agent mis-represented the product, you could file a complaint against the company with your state dept of insurance.

Until enough people do this, they will continue to mis-represent.

----------

see my answer above..............

My father got the premier plan, which just seems to be a sickness and accident plan and not health insurance, from UShealth Advisors. How do I explain to my dad that he should switch insurance companies?

The good news is that your dad can obtain REAL health insurance in just under 7 months. You have that long to convince him to do so.

The bad news is that your dad can't obtain REAL health insurance for almost 7 months. You have that long to convince him to do so.

Good luck xp350!

1. Call the agent who sold it to him, and ask for the brochure.
2. on the brochure, you will see disclaimers that it is not ACA compliant (= penalty).
3. If subject to penalty, it is not a major medical insurance plan that covers pre-existing conditions.
4. Call the insurance company and confirm the above and ask:

What is the out of pocket maximum? Should be $6700 or less if compliant. They won't be able to provide you an answer.

If push back, Provide an example where you are in the hospital for 100 days for any given situation like an intestinal infection, or some other non cancer/heart/or accident condition.

Ask if it covers Rx drugs at all ( like Humira at $2500/mo)
Ask if they will cover the 100 doctor visits during the year.

If you don't get SPECIFIC answers, you know what to do next.
Problem is, you can't buy a compliant plan until next year (1/1/17 eff date)
You may want to buy a short term major medical plan for the interim (also non compliant, and does not cover pre-existing conditions), but at least it will cover all these items above if something unknown in the future occurs.

If the agent mis-represented the product, you could file a complaint against the company with your state dept of insurance.

----------

see my answer above..............

Who said the agent misrepresented the product Yagents?

Who said the agent misrepresented the product Yagents?

Because 2+2 =4
Because you probably sell it too.
Because the posters dad is under the impression he owns major medical.
Because I have yet to talk with someone who owns that product that is aware of its limitations.
Because 3+3=6

1,430 more posts to the forum and u reach that coveted TEN THOUSAND post mark, Yagents. I bet you hit it by November 1st! Good luck!!!

Typical response...........from someone who sells it.

And I will hit 10k by July after I have to respond to posts to defend you in the 5k post club.

Don't worry, I'll be there for you

My monthly forum check says it is.....

----------

And I started my sentence with the word "if". U can look it up in dictionary.

Back