How to Fail at Selling Health Insurance

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
We have a lot of information on this board regarding how to be successful.

What we're missing is a guide on how to fail. So here goes

*Use a Yahoo or Hotmail email address which shows your client that you're not professional.

*Don't set up your voicemail. When people call let it say things like "mailbox is full" "mailbox is not set up."

*Don't record a professional greeting. Instead have it say "Hey, this is Dave, you know what to do."

*Never answer your phone. After all, if it's important they'll leave a message.

*Don't become a student of the game. Don't read silly things like your broker's guide or UW guide. After all, if they're too fat to quality underwriting will let me know by declining them.

*HSAs are a pain to learn. Too many rules and regulations to memorize. Just sell copay plans

*When buying leads, only call one time. Then proceed to cancel lead sources after you're received about 8 to 12 leads

*Don't create an interesting presentation. Instead, talk in a flat boring monotone voice.

*Don't come in with a career mentality. Just play around with this for a couple hours a day. After all, if this doesn't work out there's plenty of other sales jobs.

*Don't do this full time. We know you're also a real estate agent and mortgage broker and combined, you'll be rich.

We have a lot of information on this board regarding how to be successful.

What we're missing is a guide on how to fail. So here goes

*Use a Yahoo or Hotmail email address which shows your client that you're not professional.

*Don't set up your voicemail. When people call let it say things like "mailbox is full" "mailbox is not set up."

*Don't record a professional greeting. Instead have it say "Hey, this is Dave, you know what to do."

*Never answer your phone. After all, if it's important they'll leave a message.

*Don't become a student of the game. Don't read silly things like your broker's guide or UW guide. After all, if they're too fat to quality underwriting will let me know by declining them.

*HSAs are a pain to learn. Too many rules and regulations to memorize. Just sell copay plans

*When buying leads, only call one time. Then proceed to cancel lead sources after you're received about 8 to 12 leads

*Don't create an interesting presentation. Instead, talk in a flat boring monotone voice.

*Don't come in with a career mentality. Just play around with this for a couple hours a day. After all, if this doesn't work out there's plenty of other sales jobs.

*Don't do this full time. We know you're also a real estate agent and mortgage broker and combined, you'll be rich.
Appears to be your basic business information....BUT I know several agents that still has problems with a few on this lists.They will learn or sink

Use one of those nifty little numbers that your prospect hears while your phone is ringing. Here's a suggestion:

Its Disco Inferno by 50 Cent

Lil' mama show me how you move it,
Go ahead- put ya back into it,
Do ya thing like there aint nothin to it,
Shake..shake..shh..
shh..shake that *** girl.

Only think of this as giving insurance a try, don't be committed.

Spend all of your time reading and posting on this forum.

Have you fall back career plan in place.

Bill,
I know you like that song, but will you please stop calling me at 3 in the morning! I have clients to take care of!

Use one of those nifty little numbers that your prospect hears while your phone is ringing. Here's a suggestion:

Its Disco Inferno by 50 Cent

Lil' mama show me how you move it,
Go ahead- put ya back into it,
Do ya thing like there aint nothin to it,
Shake..shake..shh..
shh..shake that *** girl.

I just love listening to your song! BTW I only post when I'm listening to it. I usually hang up when I get your VM.

Back