How to Find Part A and B Effective Dates..

Russ

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have someone to see in the morning who has lost his Medicare card. He has been on Medicare for years from disability but is now turning 65 and wants coverage.

Is there a way for the prospect to find out his effective dates?

Yeah, just call medicare. The hardest part is waiting on hold.

That's what I was thinking. Might be easier just to go on Medicare.Gov and guesstimate the month. He thinks it was either 2001 or 2002. If the month is wrong for say 2001, go to the next month. Start with January and work through the months of the year.

The hold times with calling Medicare are long this time of year. I tried calling earlier and was told a significant wait time.

If the client did not delay part B or got medicare through SS disability, it would be the 1st of the month the person Turned 65 Unless they Turned 65 on the 1st,

Actually I believe I have had a couple clients that had SS disability and were given new dates when they Turned 65 as well

If the client did not delay part B or got medicare through SS disability, it would be the 1st of the month the person Turned 65 Unless they Turned 65 on the 1st, Actually I believe I have had a couple clients that had SS disability and were given new dates when they Turned 65 as well
Original effective dates don't change when some who became eligible due to disability ages in.

Original effective dates don't change when some who became eligible due to disability ages in.

I know I have had I think 2 though this has happened with, Maybe there was some other circumstance involved possibly changing to survivor benefit, it has been a while But I know for a fact 1 maybe 2 had effective date change and def about the 65 age

Back