How to Generate Serious and Drive Traffic to the Website

mahasatta2002

Hi Guys,

Just joined in today.

Have recently got my General Lines Agent license.

The organization that I am associated with, provide leads in the CRM

software which amounts to more of cold calling.

Tried buying leads which proved costly and of no particular use.

Was looking at ways and means to generate serious leads.

Any ideas/cost effective tools to use.?

Thanks.

You're pretty late to that party unfortunately. Most of the folks that are particularly good at lead gen can make more money by just selling the leads than actually selling insurance so there are not only a whole world of internet marketers competing in that space, but entire companies.

You can generate really great leads very quickly using AdWords but you'll find out within a few days that it can be incredibly expensive and you're competing against folks with very sophisticated sales funnels and ads.

You could try different internet lead companies and maybe have a better experience, but if your goal is to drive traffic to your site that's an incredibly difficult battle and you're up against a lot of experienced folks. If you want to make a career out of being an internet marketer it can be done, but plan on that being a full-time thing.

You're pretty late to that party unfortunately. Most of the folks that are particularly good at lead gen can make more money by just selling the leads than actually selling insurance so there are not only a whole world of internet marketers competing in that space, but entire companies.

You can generate really great leads very quickly using AdWords but you'll find out within a few days that it can be incredibly expensive and you're competing against folks with very sophisticated sales funnels and ads.

You could try different internet lead companies and maybe have a better experience, but if your goal is to drive traffic to your site that's an incredibly difficult battle and you're up against a lot of experienced folks. If you want to make a career out of being an internet marketer it can be done, but plan on that being a full-time thing.

This is well said ^^^

The battle for local SEO will be easier to win than large key words such as "Life Insurance" vs. "Life Insurance in Portland Oregon".

https://ahrefs.com/keywords-explorer - This is a popular keyword tool that you can use if you are really looking to dig deeper into keyword research.

In chapter 12 of my book "How to Qualify, Present, & Sell Final Expense and Medicare Supplements to Seniors" I discuss targeting keywords for insurance.

:)

You can still get leads from SEO, but it takes a long term investment in time and possibly a significant amount of money. If you need to get leads right away, telemarketing, direct mail and pay per click may be things you should explore.

Although I've used SEO/SEM for the last 12 years with good results, I think there is too much focus on getting leads and too little focus on what to do after you get a lead.

Many people won't buy right away but will buy in the next few months.

How do you take advantage of that fact? With multiple touches spread out over several months.

I think if all the touches are the same, they will ignore them or get annoyed, especially if all the touches are phone calls. So mail them their quotes. Put them into your drip email system. Call them a month later. Send a short note with a business card and a refrigerator magnet. Send them something educational like "the five things to look for in a ___ policy."

If only 10% buy right away, but 40% buy over the next six months, you might pay $10 for a lead and get your share of the 10%. If you invest another $5 to stay in touch with the people who don't buy right away, your ROI will increase dramatically.

Build a system that makes it easy to sell the 40% right from the start.

Have the same mindset for people that buy. Stay in touch, by phone, email and snail mail. Your persistency will go up and you will get more referrals.

Internet leads are pretty played out at this point. Even AdWords of social media generated leads are becoming expensive. Your better off networking and spending time building relationships.
Hi Guys,

Just joined in today.

Have recently got my General Lines Agent license.

The organization that I am associated with, provide leads in the CRM

software which amounts to more of cold calling.

Tried buying leads which proved costly and of no particular use.

Was looking at ways and means to generate serious leads.

Any ideas/cost effective tools to use.?

Thanks.

This is well said ^^^

The battle for local SEO will be easier to win than large key words such as "Life Insurance" vs. "Life Insurance in Portland Oregon".

Ahrefs- (had to remove the link) This is a popular keyword tool that you can use if you are really looking to dig deeper into keyword research.

:)

Ahrefs is a great tool for keyword research. Don't even need the paid version in my opinion.

Back