How to Get a Carrier to Refund a Med Supp Premium to an MAPD Member

I don’t understand how AOR fits into this. You’re trying to become AOR on the med supp policy that is being cancelled? Why on earth? Or the new MAPD policy? (which would have no bearing on getting premium refunded).

Before I would do anything, I would tell him that he simply needs to call his old med supp carrier and cancel, requesting the cancellation effective 1/1/19 (edit: 12/31/18 end of day). See what they say. Instruct him to explain, mapd started 1/1.

I would not tell my client (his wife) that I would handle this for him. I wouldn’t even tell my client that I would handle his cancellation - they need to cancel their policies.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but no, I don’t handle their cancellations - they do.

The purpose of becoming the AOR is for the MA.,Iwould be putting in the time to correct the damage that occured.I normally would walk away, but his wife who kept her Medsupp is still my client and both prem were coming from her account.Although I have a cancellation template for this purpose in place I stepped in to see if I could get her the reimbursements.
He is fully cooperating and on board, because he got several different responses from the MA carrier when he contacted them to resolve it.

The purpose of becoming the AOR is for the MA.,Iwould be putting in the time to correct the damage that occured.I normally would walk away, but his wife who kept her Medsupp is still my client and both prem were coming from her account.Although I have a cancellation template for this purpose in place I stepped in to see if I could get her the reimbursements.
He is fully cooperating and on board, because he got several different responses from the MA carrier when he contacted them to resolve it.

Ok, that makes more sense. May as well earn a commission if you are helping the person.

Back