How to get an fmo off your back

G

any thoughts on how to deal with an fmo that won't release you from your contracts:arghh:

any thoughts on how to deal with an fmo that won't release you from your contracts:arghh:
Going forward, get a pre-nup.

Who is the FMO and which carriers? I understand that Humana requires a 30 days release as of now.

If the FMO has done something dishonest (which is probably most of them), go to the carrier and get their advice. Otherwise you might have to have a "ghost writer" for the 6 months.

This is exactly the reason I hate crappy FMOs like Parker, AGA, Bever, Mikey, etc. They all are dishonest bastards.

Rick

greensky can you please define ghost writer

define as it relates to insurance..and how might I go about doing it? Also, why did you specify 6 months, does this time frame have a special meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
greensky can you please define ghost writer
Write business under another agent's number and have the agent pay you most of the commission.

When I had the same problem (my first) with an FMO, my son got his license and he signed the apps. Since I was already certified with the carrier, I could present the information and have my son write the app (also certified).

After my 6 months were over, I moved my contract.

This was my baptism and learned that most FMOs are crooks.

Rick

Thats not for me...for better or worse.....I keep it on the straight an narrow..BUT THANKS FOR THE INPUT

Last edited by a moderator:
Back