How to Handle Chargebacks?

first off..im not a he, im a she...and im far from aggressive...
im a top seller in the company and have only been there one month...
chargebacks are normal from what i've read...and a 5% rate or less isn't bad at all...I just havent been in an industry where this was a reality and im constnatly struggling to make sure customers don't cancel and crossing every t I can..

many customers praise me for my excellent customer service skills and some say im SO glad I got you...i asked one guy why and he said you're really nice and respectful--he said other agents just hang up b/c they can't get money out of you---some agents are terrible. He said other agents just treat you like crap. other customers have said that agents just hang up on them b/c they can't get money out of them...People call and say the agent just got their address, bank info and routing number and hung up on them...from what ive heard other agents seem to be horrible, some of them... many say if theres any way we can tell people of your customer service we'd like to..or talk to a manager...so I tend to get praised a lot for my customer service skills and how I talk to and treat customers...

I'm usually a top seller so I tend to do well in sales...who knows what's going on with those people...maybe they didnt like the plans or were confused...it can be a number of things...but im just not prepped to deal with chargebacks and it leaves someone kind of scared abt them...also many customers are just rude and ignorant...who knows why or what they do..it can be for a number of reasons

oh yeah i totally agree with heather...chargebacks are just a reality..things happen..and sometimes people have to cancel or can't afford, or change their minds. I signed up a lady and 10 mins later she called back to say her husband didn't want the plan and she cancelled. I had a customer haggle me for weeks..when I signed her up..thinking it was a scam, acting out there..i catered to her every need...days later she asked if she could cancel after a month..annoying...there are lots of reasons why people can't keep a plan

here is one email from a customer who was emailing back and forth..

Thank you so much for all your assistance. You have been so helpful and very patient with all my issues. If there is anyone that I can report to and give you a big "Kudos" on job well done, please let me know. I am a firm believer of people who do good work should be rewarded for their good work. Use to be a manager myself and loved rewarding my employees for jobs well done.
hers where I am confused you have only been there one month.

5% is not bad over time but it is horrible for less then 1 month

Also many customers praise me for my excellent customer service skills???

How can so many praise you for customer service when you have only been there for 1 month?

I would have to assume it took some time to get trained started and close enough deals to have much customer service. how can there be that many issues to need costumer service in less then a month to begin with?

Most business's have chargebacks in some form or another, have you ever seen the "return" counter at wal-mart? That's a form of chargeback for them. You have to be able to plan for it, if you are only making enough money to keep the lights on each month, then it's gonna be hard when you have a chargeback, you have to make more than you need to live on. Now I'm not saying it's okay to have a bunch of chargebacks, I rarely have them anymore, but I know that it will happen occasionally and I'm mentally prepared for it.

It sounds like you are actively searching for ways to identify the cause of the chargeback (something on your end that you can do differently) and that is the mindset that will help you to improve and make your persistency higher.

Good luck and happy selling!

many customers praise me...why does being there a month play into it??? ive sold to many customers and have had many tell me good things about my customer service...that makes no sense...

and again what is your question??? customers i sell to praise me...not all but a lot do...im not sure what ur trying to say or prove...your argument makes no sense..in one month i signed up over 100 customers..so yes theyre giving me feedback and im not just in training

----------

for someone earlier...im having a lot of problems..with payments and other things but im not the only one...its just an issue with the ins companies..but its creating problems overall...also some ins companies are really rude to customers so they cancel b/c of the other company's bad customer service. Then clients cancel b/c they didnt like the policy, but that's rare. Then some clients are just crazy or weird...then some are just calling me every other day for any little thing...then some their CC's are declined and they call me not the ins company...then some are angry b/c UHC didnt get their payment info and they're mad and its' b/c of some third party payment glitch...but theyre taking it out on me....Then more are calling because they didnt get their ID cards... Then some are calling b/c theyre getting letters from healthcare.gov and they dont know what to do b/c they're scared and new to insurance... then others are calling b/c they need ins for their baby and they have to keep calling the company for this or that...then some lady invited me to her house in the city I live in and wnted me to call her back...i guess the Q is...how do you deal with THIS many customers all at once?? im not used to it...i need a personal assistant or hire someone to take care of the customer service end of it...then people are emailing me, saying they want a plan for their father- which isnt a bad thing, then others are emailing me saying find a plan for their kids with all these weird demands...after we've already talked...then, others are just randomly emailing me for any little thing...

i feel its hard to deal with this many customers at once...and theyre just going to grow and grow...how does an agent deal with it..is this what all agents deal with?

ok your now trying to say in 1 month you sold over 100 new maj med clients?

And your new to buis?

Who are your clients? Where are your leads coming from? You may have to look at and decide who your client is.

I used to have so many service issues to keep up with. Then I realized part was the clients I signed, part was the company and the rest was due. To me creating needy clients.

Service as much as you can but if there are things that they can call the company have them do it. If your carriers are that tilde find other carriers, unless you are captive then your screwed I've been there.

Hang in there but I would first look at my prospects

I am not trivializing anyone's plight or situation, nor am I saying this is much ado about nothing. In addition, I have no idea what marketplace we are talking about, and I suspect that is relevant. If this is FE, I don't know anything about the nuances, so I can't speak to it.

However, that said, as I said before -- if a client cancels vis a vis buyer's remorse, or something of the like, look, it happens. Do enough or even a little business, it happens. However, this should really be the exception, not even close to the norm. It shouldn't happen that often at all -- actually, it should happen very rarely.

If this is happening regularly -- then something is going on here. Buyers remorse can be legit, or can be a facade for something else, other things, etc. Payment issues? If the client wants the coverage, then payment issues are resolved -- it's not a reason to cancel coverage! If they do, there's something else going on. Same for drafting issues, or a refund, or any other service issue. I've never had a client say, oh there's a problem I am cancelling -- the problem gets handled.

So if this is frequent -- get the issues handled.

Everyone has chargebacks, but maybe slowing down a little and making the meeting a little more on a personal level then just about "insurance" may help. Remember you are offering them a solution for a need you uncovered, not selling them "insurance".. Also, maybe you need to be a little more selective in your appts, when I was a captive agent I had way more chargebacks then now being independent, I have been indy for over three years now and I believe I have had less then 5 chargebacks in the last 3 years. Make it personal, not business......

Back