How to handle this application?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Trying to figure out the right way to do this one.

I have an immigrant family (all have SSN, green cards) who either have moved or are about to move (details are hazy) about 2 hours away. They are back and forth, working in a variety of family businesses. They speak okay English but 99% of communication is done through a fluent brother, he does all the translating by their request. I think that they could provide proof of the move with new utilities, etc. But, according to them, they have turned on utilities more than 30 days ago so even if they report, I don't know what the marketplace would do about turning on the new plan or trying to request information, etc. They have had continuous marketplace coverage for two years.

If they report the move now, won't the marketplace ask for proof of the move? They don't want to switch plans, their plan is available in the new location at the same price.

Also, hasn't the marketplace already generated their application for 2019? Can I just make the address change on the 2019 application? They are going out of the country in a couple of weeks through the end of the year, so they literally won't be at either address for the remainder of the year to be able to respond to requests for information.

It's a year to cut the fat.............letting those go that are on the fringe, and just suck suck suck your time.

Not an option to cut them loose, these are lucrative clients on other lines of insurance. I have helped them for 3 years, they are polite, produce documents quickly, and don’t suck my time. I am willing to help them just need to know right way to do it. This is the first time it has been anything other than straightforward.

Not an option to cut them loose, these are lucrative clients on other lines of insurance. I have helped them for 3 years, they are polite, produce documents quickly, and don’t suck my time. I am willing to help them just need to know right way to do it. This is the first time it has been anything other than straightforward.
Make the change after everything is in force.

Back