How to Handle Unhappy Customers

well my q is..what is wrong with these customers...theyre morons or crazy..its ridiculous...people chewing your eat out being rude belligerent, talking loud and too much...and yes i do telesales...these people are trash....

just had a guy chew my head off earlier...im kind polite low key trying to help him...and he took advantage of it...white trash...I have to take it for the money...its really messed up...and i think dealing with idiots on the phone does suck

:twitchy: I've figured out your problem. If you want to know what the problem is, go look in the mirror and wave. The guy that waves back at you...that's your problem!:yes:

:twitchy: I've figured out your problem. If you want to know what the problem is, go look in the mirror and wave. The guy that waves back at you...that's your problem!:yes:

Honestly I will say after working at brokerage for a few years selling Maj Med, Medicare, Life, Indemnity and having some experience with the different types of Ins. The one of the main reason's I gravitated to medicare over other types of Ins especially over Maj med is I found with medicare it was easy to be honest and not having to use sales tactics to close deals, I also felt It was more of a connection to the clients and I like this.

Where with Maj Med and indemnity there is a lot of competition and a lot of that competition is dishonest. I felt the prospects were a lot more angry, I found many that would rather believe someone who lied to them and pushed them rather then some one who didn't. I also found the prospect to lie a lot.

Listen this maybe because all sales were over the phone and the leads used were shared internet.

But I can see what this guy is saying as being possibly legit.

I have always found this problem does not exist much in the senior market. IDK maybe that has to do with CMS or maybe its just the more experienced client.

Honestly I will say after working at brokerage for a few years selling Maj Med, Medicare, Life, Indemnity and having some experience with the different types of Ins. The one of the main reason's I gravitated to medicare over other types of Ins especially over Maj med is I found with medicare it was easy to be honest and not having to use sales tactics to close deals, I also felt It was more of a connection to the clients and I like this.

Where with Maj Med and indemnity there is a lot of competition and a lot of that competition is dishonest. I felt the prospects were a lot more angry, I found many that would rather believe someone who lied to them and pushed them rather then some one who didn't. I also found the prospect to lie a lot.

Listen this maybe because all sales were over the phone and the leads used were shared internet.

But I can see what this guy is saying as being possibly legit.

I have always found this problem does not exist much in the senior market. IDK maybe that has to do with CMS or maybe its just the more experienced client.

I'm starting to wonder if he's a Troll, or needs to take a chill pill. With his attitude and the way he comes across...I'd be rude to him too.:laugh:

I'm starting to wonder if he's a Troll, or needs to take a chill pill. With his attitude and the way he comes across...I'd be rude to him too.:laugh:

Yes I would agree he does come across weird and now that you mention it he does not have much history on forum

well my q is..what is wrong with these customers...theyre morons or crazy..its ridiculous...people chewing your eat out being rude belligerent, talking loud and too much...and yes i do telesales...these people are trash....

just had a guy chew my head off earlier...im kind polite low key trying to help him...and he took advantage of it...white trash...I have to take it for the money...its really messed up...and i think dealing with idiots on the phone does suck

First, let's find the common denominator. What do all these customers have in common?

Here's the most effective answer you can come up with: YOU

You are the common denominator in all these interactions. And don't forget that customers is the name of the game. Once you begin to hold them in contempt and bitterness, you're half way out of the business.

Here's my prescription: Spend a few more minutes asking questions and listening. You don't have to be the one doing all the talking to take control of a conversation or interaction. You just need to ask better questions, understand your customer, and then go from there.

I heard a story once where a surgeon (of some kind, I don't recall) said that he lowers his risks of lawsuits by spending 3 more minutes with them to help understand and put them at ease... than his colleagues did.

You don't have to reinvent what you do. You just need to get better at it. You need to be better at reading people before proposing a solution or quoting a plan. You need to do 'match' talk. 'Match' talk is where you match the features/benefits of a plan to what the client said they wanted. Then you should also do an A/B plan close. Discuss 2 different options and let the person choose.

The more questions you ask, the more you listen, the more you closely identify their needs, the more you give choices, the happier your clients will be.

Once you 'fix' you... the rest of the world will respond accordingly.

But until you 'fix' you... you can blame everyone else and call them idiots and morons. But the only thing I'm seeing that they may be idiotic about... may be working with you when they have other choices.

agent992 after reading all your posts the problem can only be 1 of 3 things as far as I can see

Either
1 goillini52 is correct and you are a troll
2 DHK is correct and your doing something to do this to yourself
3 the company you work for is making up for bad products with bad sales tactics and training you to do so

But after reading your posts and the fact that you have only been there for a month and the attitude of other's you work with. It does not seem like a good place to work and learn this business

Also in addition to the company it does seem your attitude needs to adjust as well.

I am not trying to zing you just trying to give good advice, A little attitude adjustment can make a big dif in this buis

In defense of this person- she's green. I felt the same way when I first got started. People really ARE dumb. It's hard to understand it when you are fresh into this business. It takes time and experience to know how to handle the nutters. At the beginning they were ALL nutters, now they are the uneducated.
Do be too hard on the gal. She'll get there.

Back