How to identify insurance company using a policy number?

Ellie

Is it even possible?

I need to verify if a company has commercial general liability insurance. They gave me a policy number which starts with PAV01736** but did not tell which company is insuring them .

Now i need to file a claim but don't know who to contact. Can anyone help?

They are hiding that info, because they don't want a claim on their policy. It is a moving company, i tried to get my friend pretend to be a customer and get insurance info - and they do not give name of the insuring company to anyone.

any other route available? I don't have a friend attorney and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the letter.

any other route available? I don't have a friend attorney and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the letter.

I believe LegalShield services offers letter-writing services from their member-attorneys. @Cornelius could probably tell you more about that.

Edit: I thought you were asking because you personally were in a situation. Anyway, don't you have back-office people that might be able to figure it out and use their own attorneys to get the company to fess up?

@jerkstore I agree it is not productive, but i can't let those guys get away with what they do. They sent COI with top and bottom covered, so no one would see who the carrier or agent is; unauthorized credit card charges; and damage of property.
@DHK Thank you. My friend is involved, she asked me to find out who the insurance company is.

Reactions: DHK
They have no obligation to give you, your friend, or your lawyer any insurance information at all.

If you feel you have a valid claim and they are stonewalling you, file a lawsuit.

Even then, it's up to them whether they want to handle the lawsuit with or without their insurance company involved.

Your decision to not let those guys get away with what they do has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they have insurance.

Thank you everyone for your input. I just thought that someone would recognize the policy number and identify insurance company.

Back